Analyst Summer Internship - Manchester
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world’s largest industries we leverage technology and data science, to provide the insights, software and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance and efficiency.
During your summer at IHS Markit you'll have the chance to partner with our industry experts, with on the job experience focusing on high impact work that allows you to apply and develop your skills. Networking, business insights and tailored learning opportunities all support your growth and development, setting you up for success as you begin your career.
We want to build a pipeline of exceptional talent. If you excel in your internship, you could be fast tracked onto our full-time graduate program!
Our next internship program runs through the summer of 2021. We’re looking for students who are working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full-time graduate role commencing in the summer of 2022.
Understanding the latest trends and leveraging sharp analytical skills and specialized industry expertise, our analysts deliver the data rich insights that guide our customers in making more informed, long-term decisions. If you are passionate about building the story behind the data, and becoming an industry or product specialist, then the Analyst stream is for you. Opportunities within this stream include, but are not limited to:
- Research and Analysis
- Product Management
- Product Design
What we're looking for
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Summer Internship Program will provide you with a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should demonstrate the following education, skills, eligibility and experience:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) completing no later than September 2022
- This program is aimed at students with 0-6 months relevant work experience
- With depth of knowledge key to providing industry leading advice, it can be advantageous to have a study background in a field relevant to your team/role
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An ability to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
To be eligible for our UK Summer Internship program you must have the right to work full-time now and in the future. We currently do not offer visa sponsorship; however, we do run our programs in a number of locations across the globe and welcome you to consider those that are relevant to you.
How to apply
Submit your online application, which should include your CV, along with a short cover letter/motivational statement in one attachment (we suggest around 300 words).
- We want to hear more about you; why you’re interested in joining IHS Markit, and why you’re interested in being considered for the role/s you have applied for.
Application and assessment process
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills and find a role that is right for you.
Apply by submitting your CV and cover letter, ensuring your graduation month and year are clearly stated
Initial assessment process. In most locations, this screening stage will be in the form of a telephone interview
Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles.
We recruit on a rolling basis and most of our assessment days are due to take place from November 2020.