Graduate Research Analyst London
Q5ers come from many different backgrounds – we have former teachers, lawyers, pilots and civil servants, as well as people who come to us from a more traditional consulting path. Diversity of perspective is something we look for during our hiring process – what we all share is a passion for what we do.
Working for Q5, you'll benefit from:
- The opportunity as an individual to work across a broad range of industries, from Media and Finance to Infrastructure and Public Sector
- An annual external training budget to develop a chosen capability or gain a qualification, in addition to regular in-house training
- A mentoring scheme, pairing experienced colleagues with other Q5ers to foster personal development and provide support
- A strong global presence, with opportunities to travel and work around the world across our offices
- Opportunities to get involved in a diverse range of activities outside of project work, with a broad network of communities available including practice management, business development, employee engagement, and charity work
- An environment which actively encourages you to bring your true self to work and embraces an entrepreneurial spirit
- Away Days, bringing our global team together regularly to strengthen working relationships, share expertise, and have a bit of fun
Who we're looking for
Q5 is looking for Research Analysts to join our team in London. We offer internships to those who are either mid-undergraduate study or who have just graduated. Please note that this opening is for those who have graduated and are applying for an internship outside of the summer period. If you have specific availability, please do make this clear in your cover letter.
As with our consultants, we are looking for smart, hardworking and enthusiastic people with a keen interest in management consulting and helping to solve business problems. Our Research Analysts get involved early on and regularly get involved in some of our client work. Our ideal candidates are:
- Passionate about solving business and organizational problems
- Expert communicators
- Adaptable and work well under pressure
- Have strong analytical and relationship building ability
What to expect
Your recruitment journey may vary depending on the role you are applying for, but most candidates can expect to go through the following steps:
- Online assessment - We will ask you to complete an online, behaviour-based assessment, which will form part of the process of getting to know you
- Telephone interview - We’ll have a brief chat over the phone to discuss your background, skills and motivations for joining Q5. We’ll also tell you a little about our firm and the fantastic work we do. If we both feel that it’s a good fit, we’ll move onto the next stage
- Face-to-face conversation - We’ll invite you to our office for a more comprehensive conversation with one of our team about what you can bring to Q5, and we’ll also tell you more about what Q5 has to offer. If successful, you’ll be invited to one of our Assessment Evenings
- Assessment evenings take place every month or so and can involve candidates applying for a range of roles. They include a further face-to-face interview, a skills and competencies self-evaluation and a group task. This is our opportunity to assess whether you would be successful at Q5, and your opportunity to understand if it’s the right fit for you. You can expect to hear back from us with feedback soon afterwards.