Finance Analyst Summer Internship 2022
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become financially better off.
A Best Workplace
Scotiabank is a premier financial institution and Canada’s most international bank recognized as a Best Workplace®, in Canada, Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Panama, Peru, Chile and Latin America by the Great Place to Work® Institute.
A multinational winning team
Scotiabank is Canada’s international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Scotiabank helps to build bright futures worldwide through ethical banking practices, environmental awareness and a commitment to communities.
An exciting opportunity to join the London-based Finance team of a Canadian Bank for 10 weeks during Summer 2022. Rotation during the program to gain a varied experience in the different areas that make up a modern Finance division in an Investment Bank.
Deepen your understanding of how an Investments Bank’s Finance function works and learning what it takes to be a trusted business advisor.
- Assist with the preparation of key regulatory reporting, tax and financial reporting returns
- Providing detailed analysis on results and providing insight to business leaders to help make decisions
- Provide analysis to support advice to the business on managing capital and liquidity resources
- Working on key initiatives which will help to optimize business performance
- Managing expenses in the business to drive business performance
- Gain a better understanding of the regulatory environment that Financial Institutions work within
- Assist with implementation of efficient processes ensuring continuous improvement of processes & reporting
- Assist with Daily Limit Monitoring and investigating differences with the business
- Create and prepare payment runs to ensure timely payment of expenses
- Develop financial business analysis skills working with Projects team to plan and test for computing solutions whilst meeting appropriate requirements of efficiency and robustness
- Any other ad hoc work efforts assigned by management
CSR project along with the 2022 Interns, enabling you to make a real difference.
- Second year undergraduate with a relevant degree (e.g. Finance, Business)
- Basic understanding of financial statements, accounting and variance analysis
- Analytical mindset with a passion for critical thinking and working collaboratively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and looking to work as part of a diverse and inclusive team
Scotiabank is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible candidate experience. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.