Global Finance Internship 2022
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles.
The A Side: A Day in The Life
In this position you will be involved in the analysis of the company’s global financial reporting, monitoring and coordinating of the financial reporting process and monitoring & maintaining finance system rules and perimeters.
The team you’ll be working in also closely supports the UMG CFO and UMG Board, and provides assistance to the Heads of Finance in the operating companies.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- As part of the Global Financial Reporting team, this role will be involved in the completion of the monthly / forecast / plan consolidation processes and procedures including a number of reconciliations and analyses
- Help run and build reports in our Financial Reporting system, to support adhoc analysis
- Support the Global FR team with the creating of adhoc reports and reviews
- Coordinate territory finance submission process
- Help in the development and maintenance of Reporting KPIs
- Provide additional off-cycle support to Director, Global Finance Reporting and Global FR Analysts
- Support the Global Finance team with the creating of Reporting presentations and other adhoc reports and reviews
- Interest in music with an enthusiasm to work within the industry
- Desire to become a finance professional
- Team player, good at building professional relationships and adapting a personal approach to deal with different personalities and varying levels of knowledge and skills across the organisation
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in written form
- Strong computer literacy and excellent excel (or equivalent) skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Flexible with ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to manage own workload in a pressurised environment and work to tight deadlines
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.