Graduate Credit Analyst
9fin is right in the middle of the dynamic European Startup ecosystem and the giant Investment Management industry. A fintech company specialising in providing data to help capital markets be more efficient. Using Machine Learning and A.I. we serve the investment management industry with clients spanning Investment Banks, Hedge Funds and Asset Managers. Backed by Venture Capital, and partnered with leading technology companies, we are hiring to grow our team.
9fin provides the critical data required to allow investment professionals to make key decisions on how and when they decide to invest or not invest in companies. The role of a Credit Analyst is to be constantly in that flow of information assessing and interpreting the data in front of them to come to better decisions. We expose that knowledge to our clients via analyst reports, our automated data systems and financial news content.
We are looking for a trainee to join us on a one year contract. Before the end of the 12-month contract, if you enjoy the role and have been successful, it is our intention to offer you a permanent position. To date we’ve hired 100% of our trainees on a full time basis.
Our traineeship will introduce you to investment management, financial markets and institutional decision-making. You will gain industry knowledge, experience and develop relationships enabling you to progress your career.
As well as Investment Management, you will also have significant exposure to the UK Startup scene, Venture Capital financing, a front row seat to 9fin’s business strategy development, and the world of cutting edge Machine Learning and AI technologies.
You will be part of the Investment20/20 trainee programme, and will participate in learning and development events running throughout the year. We will also support you in starting an industry relevant qualification (e.g. CFA) if this is something you are interested in doing.
If you are a graduate who has an interest in working in investment and has the following attributes, we are interested in hearing from you:
- Inquisitive and passionate: You are up for the challenge of a role that will morph and transform as we grow
- A strong interest in financial markets, and a desire to learn about how they work
- Ability to plan and prioritise important tasks and work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills conveying messages accurately and concisely
- Enjoy interpreting information and problem solving
- Team player, but also able to work effectively alone (help is always at hand if you need though!)
- An adequate knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work market hours
- UK markets: 8am - 5pm, 2-3 days per week
- US markets: 1pm - 10pm, 2-3 days per week (there is always more than one person covering the US with you, and initially it will take about 3-4 months of settling in and learning on regular UK hours before you start US hours.)
- Market intelligence: Work with the business team to uncover new transactions in theEuropean debt capital markets. Includes monitoring newsflow, liaising with bank syndicatedesks, investors and company management
- Relationship management & product evangelism: Working with customers to answer questions on the use of our platform and to gather feedback on new and existing product features
- Deal tracking & audit: Working quickly to validate and sense check financial information extracted by our software.
The Application Process
Upon receiving your CV and covering letter, candidates who pass to the next stage will have a very brief phone (or video call) interview with a member of the business team. The second stage is an invite to an in-person interview to present a case study (provided after the first phone call). The final stage is a call with another member of the team, and is a chance for you to interview us! Asking any questions you may have about the role, the company as a whole and what it is like to work at 9fin.
At the start there is a lot of investment. Training a new analyst takes a few months and this is expensive. So, you start at £30,000 with a clear view of salary progression over your career. We believe in rewarding talent. As you grow, so does your paycheck.
Start Date, Salary, Holidays
- Hiring on a rolling basis – June/July
- £30,000 per annum
- 25 days per year (not including Bank Holidays)
- Flexible working
- Technology budget
- Learning and development budget Team events and outings
Interested? Submit your application throught the Apply Now button.