Graduate Jewellery Designer 2021
Innovative, uncompromising, romantic, provocative, upholding the power of emotion and the touch of the human hand: these are all elements that describe the fashion of the house of Alexander McQueen. The brand is synonymous with modern British couture, renowned for its strong identity and celebration of unbridled creativity. Integral to the McQueen culture is the juxtaposition between contrasting elements: femininity and masculinity, fragility and strength, tradition and modernity. Under the creative direction of Sarah Burton, the house produces critically acclaimed collections, driven by unparalleled vision and respect for craftsmanship. Burton was made Head of Design for womenswear in 2000 and was appointed Creative Director in 2010. The luxury brand was founded by Lee Alexander McQueen in 1992. Among the greatest fashion designers of his time, the legacy of his work lives on.
We are in search of a creative, organised, and proactive Graduate Trainee to join the Jewellery Design team based in London.
This role requires effective collaboration with all team members to ensure the creation of an inspired Jewellery collection, working on both men and women’s design collections and eyewear.
You should be familiar working in a fast-paced environment, finding creative solutions with excellent technical expertise.
How you will contribute
- Provide support to the designers the developing the collections both creatively and technically
- Produce designs and colour-ups in illustrator and Photoshop
- Create technical drawings on Illustrator and produce detailed technical files in Indesign
- Effective management of deadlines
- Make visual research and create mood-boards
- Attending to look-book shoots and fittings
Your skills and experience
- Degree in a related discipline (Jewellery, product design)
- Previous experience in Jewellery design is a plus
- Detail oriented, a strong self-starter who takes initiative
- Good organizational skills with ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Exceptional technical knowledge
- Excellent computer skills (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)
- Adaptable, fast and proactive, with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong portfolio demonstrating technical drawings (Illustrator), sketches and colour renderings (Photoshop)
Why work with us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a dynamic team with a visionary brand that offers possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.