Finance Placement Year 2024
Finance teams are the strategy drivers to any organization.
This role gives you the opportunity to see how we make business decisions as you gather insights to shape our future. By being involved in performance metrics, data analysis and financial models, you’ll identify where we can drive better efficiency and productivity.
How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow’s innovations in Finance.
Key job responsibilities
- Involved in the preparation of month-end closing activities, and be responsible for the maintenance and further development of management reporting.
- Track performance metrics, analyse data and build financial models to identify better ways to drive efficiency and productivity.
- Contribute to cost-effectiveness and variance analyses, and work on specific and cross-divisional issues to help our business deliver the best to our customers.
- Build trusted partnerships with the business to influence tactical and strategic business decisions that promote business improvements and cost reductions.
What does it include
Your paid 12-month internship includes:
- Hybrid, flexible working: we believe in striking the right balance between your personal and professional life.
- Mentorship: we care about your career aspirations and strive to assign projects based on your interests. You can learn and be curious with access to unlimited virtual trainings on project management, personal brand, communication skills and many more.
- Get involved: we have with over 13 Amazon Affinity Groups you can join and become an ally to a cause close to your heart (sustainability, diversity, LGBTQ+, mental and/or physical disabilities, local community initiatives, etc.
- Taking ownership of your career: because when you succeed, we all win. A successful internship, could lead to a full-time (graduate role) after finishing your university studies.
About the team
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers, plus so much more. Enthusiasm, energy and diverse perspectives help us deliver new ideas and solutions.
We help others understand finance and are trusted advisors for every facet of data and communication to ensure our leaders have the most up-to-date and reliable information in order to make the best decisions. The challenges we take on span multiple industries and functions across our many businesses and acquisitions, all powered by the same mission—to be Earth's most customer-centric company.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations: London, GBR.