Finance Graduate Program
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Are you willing to dive deep and develop solutions to deliver results? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires us to work with a dynamic network of retail, human resources, marketing, tech and operations partners. We help others understand finance and are trusted business advisors. We employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team is looking for graduates who are excited to join us at the heart of our finance team over a three-year development program and beyond. To give you a great overview of our entire business, for the first 24 months, you’ll rotate and gain exposure to at least two different areas of finance from the following:
- Finance operations
- Commercial finance
For the following 12 months, you will develop your broader business and leadership skills in one of the many finance areas at Amazon and you will have input into where your final rotation takes place. The final year will provide you with unparalleled responsibilities and opportunities to really make a difference.
With a thorough induction and continuous training and development, you will study towards an accounting qualification (ACCA or CIMA) to develop and enhance your commercial knowledge and be able to apply your learning back into the business.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Collecting, analyzing and reviewing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reductions
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data
- Assist with development, and implementation of policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Assist in the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and improving the use and ease of interpretation by your business partners
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated, and timely
- Analysis of tax law and application to Amazon’s facts and filing requirements.
- In final year of study for Bachelor’s/Master’s degree, or graduated in the last six months
- Degree in finance, accounting, business and/or similar discipline focused on analytics
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English Experience in positions that require analysis
- Experience in Excel (e.g., sum, if, pivots, lookups)
- Experience demonstrating problem-solving and root cause analysis
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and solutions
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g., SQL, MSAccess, Essbase, and/or Cognos)
- A second European language is a plus (verbal and written)
Application and Assessment Process
Selected candidates will be invited to attend a virtual interview consisting of a combination of interviews and case studies. This selection process is subject to change but you will be notified if any changes are made.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.