Software Engineering & Technology University Programme 2021
Overview Of BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P)
The Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P) is a pipeline to recruit, develop, and retain high-potential entry-level technology professionals who are prepared and positioned to contribute to the successful execution of BNY Mellon’s technology strategy and initiatives. The 2021 S.E.T.U.P program will begin in Summer 2021.
There has never been a more exciting time to join The Bank of New York Mellon Software Engineering & Technology University Program (S.E.T.U.P). Within Production Services, Graduates will have the opportunity to work across various teams providing an end-to-end service to our clients.
Start Date : August 2021
Duration : 18 months
- To be eligible, you will be required to have, or be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree.
- Technology or related degree is essential. This could include, but not limited to Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Analytics, Software Developments, Network Engineering, AI/Robotics Information Technology or other.
- Previous technology internship is a plus You will be focused, motivated and ready to hone your technical skills while increasing your understanding of Banking & Financial Services.
- Assignments across various job functions within Technology that combine learning with skill development through practical work and projects
- Opportunity to work with industry specialists
- Working in a global team
- Extensive training curriculum
- Ongoing learning assignments to assist in developing technical, professional and interpersonal skills
- Business exposure
- Career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including executive mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support; Participants can further develop technical skills/expertise, enhance abilities to build networks across the organization and accelerate their careers
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for S.E.T.U.P participants
- Visibility and exposure to senior leaders in small cohorts and/or one-to-one meetings
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier technology talent pipeline program within the financial services industry
- Upon successful completion of the program and based on overall business need, S.E.T.U.P participants will be matched to a full-time role, taking into account factors such as business requirements, analyst preferences, and overall performance throughout the program
- Responsible for contributing to the Production Services (Technology) transformation of a variety of services and applications including Desktop Support, Workplace Technology, Service Now, Incident Management and Response, Change Management, Deployment Support and End User Experience - Platinum Services Support for all Technology platforms and services that support BNY Mellon businesses.
- Provides first line break/fix for systems/networks/applications.
- Work collaboratively as a team member supporting systems in a production environment. Scope of these environments include but is not limited to Microsoft, Linux, Cloud operating systems as well as the applications that run on these platforms
- Support and perform scheduled maintenance and health checks of distributed resources and applications. Provide Level 1 support for technology resources and applications running on Windows and UNIX platforms.
- Assure the safety and stability of corporate infrastructure and minimize customer impact caused by incidents. • Strive to accomplish this by resolving incidents as close to the point of notification as possible.
- Partner with our peers within other lines of business to improve the overall level of service.