Graduate Quality Engineer Taunton 2024
At Corza Medical, Our mission is to champion surgical providers with remarkable service and exceptional products that save time, money, and effort. We are a passionate team guided by our core belief that you should never have to choose between performance, value, and a quality customer experience. We are here to support you every step of the way.
Pearsalls Ltd is part of Corza Medical, a leading provider of surgical medical devices. With a heritage spanning more than 200 years, the Pearsalls name is synonymous with quality, performance, reliability and innovation in sutures. Pearsalls Ltd has been manufacturing materials for use in the medical device market since the 1950’s.
Over the years our reputation has continued to grow — expanding beyond our core braiding and high-strength suture expertise to more advanced sutures, with custom processing for a broad range of clinical specialties.
Our Quality Engineers are essential to our mission of supporting surgical providers with remarkable service, trusted performance and outstanding value.
Our brand promise
We deliver a collaborative experience by working directly with the surgical community to ensure you get the exact surgical tools you need at the right time and the right price.
- Remarkable service
A seamless, personal process designed around you and your needs.
- Trusted performance
Our product family is the result of years of experience championing surgeons and listening to their expertise.
- Outstanding value
No matter the surgical specialty, we deliver quality products for all markets.
Our people promise
Excellence is our Specialty and what makes us successful is our people. We are committed to fostering a positive, empowering and growth-oriented environment where all team members are encouraged to share their opinions and ideas.
That means you will work alongside an accomplished and highly collaborative team that inspires commitment to our goal in attaining excellence in everything they do.
Job purpose summary
As a (Graduate) Quality Engineer, you’ll control and maintain our quality system to meet all applicable regulatory requirements including ISO 13485, Medical Device Directive, and applicable FDA Quality System Requirements, and other applicable standards and guidelines. You may have recently completed a technical degree, and maybe have worked in a quality related discipline already.
What you will do
- Administer if required in accordance with the relevant SOPs and work instructions the following processes, maintaining relevant records both electronic and paper in support of these activities. To be able to train/mentor all staff within SSC Taunton and organize and manage quality administration processes in conjunction with the Quality Manager, including Customer complaint handling, Non-conformance reports, CAPA reports, supplier evaluations, change control requests, QMS processes, and other tasks.
- Highlight areas for improvement or correction, proposing and implementing action plans as required.
- Advise all areas of the site on issues of compliance to the standards relating to products, processes and documentation.
- Act as delegated authority for Quality Manager as signed for within the QMS.
- Conduct internal audits with suitable training either as lead or support auditor.
- Perform risk management as part of or leading a Risk Management team.
- Implementation of new product transfer from design to production.
- Liaise with customers on issues relating to product specifications and customer requirements:
- Support the Quality Manager in External body and customer audit preparation and execution.
- Conduct/lead supplier and internal audits and manage any non-conformances arising.
Further future requirements
- Manage quality administration personnel including goal setting and performance management.
- Prepare and execute training plans and update QA training records and matrix.
- Provide support to corporate RA for the Taunton site.
What you will need
- Excellent writing ability.
- High levels of IT literacy.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organization skills and problem-solving ability.
- Be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently and have the wherewithal to prioritise as situations unfold.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Degree level education in a technical subject.
- Experience working in the Medical Device or Pharmaceutical sector – Desirable.
- Experience of working within an ISO registered organization – Desirable.
- Project management training or experience – Desirable.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role – Desirable.
- Previous experience of working with medical devices – Desirable.
- Previous experience of working within a controlled environment – Desirable.
What we value
- Customer First - We deliver extraordinary experiences.
- Accountability - We do what we say.
- Integrity - We do what is right.
- Inspired - We love what we do.
- One Global Team -We before me, always.
Corza Medical is an equal opportunity employer. Corza Medical evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other protected characteristics.