Digital & Technology Graduate Programme Budapest 2024
The core purpose of our Digital and Technology, (D&T), graduate program is to ensure all of our graduates build up a broad portfolio of skills and experiences that is going to accelerate their development and prepare for them to leaders of the future.
So, our hands-on, accelerated learning programmes are perfect for people who are curious, have an ability to learn quickly, and are excited to gain a breadth of experiences which will set you up for a career to be proud of.
With opportunities starting in our Budapest & London locations, our three-year rotational graduate programme will enable you to spend your days right at the heart of our global organisation supporting to create new value for Diageo and our great brands.
Who are we?
Diageo is one of the world’s leading producers of premium drinks. We have an outstanding collection of over 200 brands, old and new, large and small, global and local – that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries around the world.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to our purpose which values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity. We know that for our business to thrive, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the outstanding contribution each person brings.
The D&T function plays a pivotal role in supporting Diageo’s long-term vision by maximising data and digital technology to transform our business and put us one step ahead of the competition – whether that be working directly with our markets to implement new systems and capabilities or working with our Analytics and Insights team to help predict future industry trends.
Join our Graduate programme and support us in delivering our 'Society 2030: Spirit of Progress' agenda—a 10-year action plan to help create a more inclusive and sustainable world!
How does the programme work?
Over the three-year rotational programme, you’ll have an opportunity to gain experience in various specialisms within D&T whilst developing your leadership skills
You could be working in:
- Strategic planning – Either as a strategic Business Partner, or as a systems guru, you’ll be working with leaders across our different business functions and geographies to craft our technology roadmaps of the future – think big and think ahead! This is the forward-looking team that will keep us ahead of the competition.
- Technology Transformation – Supporting the implementation of world-leading technology solutions across Diageo – from the implementation of cutting-edge capabilities that drive point of sale across outlets, to the simplification and automatization of our technology infrastructure.
- Project & Change Management – creating and delivering a portfolio of strategic projects that support the D&T transformation agenda. Working within an extended agile team, you will have experience and exposure to industry best practice in project management and change readiness.
- Cyber Security – Protecting Diageo’s intellectual property from external hackers – either by developing internal capability and cyber resilience – or, supporting crisis management during an attack.
- Employee Experience – working on the front line on new systems and technology deployment on-site to ensure a seamless employee experience.
- Data Science / Visualization – You will understand the function you partner, translating their everyday experience into a business problem, a testable hypothesis and in the end, a solution. With quantitative analysis, data mining and visualization you will be the one providing the insights that move our business forward!
- Data Engineering – The backbone of our analytics products is the clean, optimized data that our product managers and project teams use to build tools and solutions for our business problems. Designing, building, and maintaining data processing systems makes sure we use data in an efficient way, and you’ll be successful if you’re comfortable around code, databases and design. We can only build high if the base is strong!
At Diageo, we believe in fostering a culture of continuous learning where every day presents an opportunity for growth, development. Across your graduate programme, you will have a combination of formal training, mentoring and hands on learning with the wider European Cohort. This will help you gain a great foundation of leadership skills, a deep understanding of Diageo's operations and feel empowered by the end of your programme to follow various career paths within our organisation.
Who are we looking for?
On the qualification’s side, you’ll need to have acquired or be expecting to acquire an academic degree, graduating in 2024 or within the last 5 years. You must be proficient in English, and with opportunities across Europe you must be mobile and prepared to relocate geographically during the programme. Our key locations include the UK and Budapest – however, we are a global function with employees based all over the world – so the opportunities are endless, and we’d like you to grasp any opportunity with both hands!
You’ll need to be a curious, flexible, self-motivated team-player who loves to turn ideas into action and someone who shows integrity, respect for others and, above all, a passion for learning something new every day.
Most importantly we ask you to be you. Come as you are, with your own ideas and ambitions, and let's celebrate your talent and empower you to reach your fullest potential.
What are the rewards
With everything, you can learn here, and the long-term opportunities we have to offer, the Digital & Technology Graduate Programme could just be the best decision you’ve ever made.
Join us and you can expect to receive a highly competitive salary (salary is dependent on the location of your rotations, as an example your year one salary based within the UK will be in the region of £36,400), along with an annual bonus opportunity and industry leading benefits package.
We have several graduate opportunities across the business. For the best chance of being successful we recommend applying for one programme. Applications are on a rolling process, and we will close roles when we find our graduates for September 2024. Here’s hoping it’s you!
NB: Pymetrics is the first stage of the application process for all of our Early Career’s programmes at Diageo and after completion your result will be used for all applications that require it within a one-year period.
Please note that our assessment centers this year will be in December and January, so, you will hear from us closer to time. We appreciate your patience.
Interested, but want to learn more?
The Early Careers team will be hosting a series of insight and coaching events as well as live chats over the coming months, and we want to hear from you! For more info and to register today visit: https://meetandengage.com/diageoearlycareers