Public Policy Graduate Internship
The Public Policy & Thought Leadership Consulting team is part of the research consultancy unit of the EIU. We provide tailored engagements to meet the needs of clients across the corporate, government and institutional/non-profit sectors and typical engagements include evidence-based research for policy makers and stakeholders seeking measurable outcomes. The EIU Public Policy & Thought Leadership team is seeking a full-time intern for the Spring of 2021 in London.
The Economist Group values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
If this role matches your skills, experience and motivations then please submit your CV with a covering note identifying why you feel you would be a great addition to the team. In return, we provide a supportive and progressive environment with a wide range of opportunities for you to grow both personally and professionally.
How you will contribute
- Support multiple project activities including literature reviews, data audits, quantitative analysis and expert interviews
- Participate in and prepare for client meetings
- Develop final deliverables for projects including PowerPoints and reports
- Support proposal and other business development activities
Experience, skills and professional attributes
The ideal skills for this role include
- Intellectual curiosity with a strongly developed analytical mindset
- An enthusiastic, proactive attitude
- Strong time management skills - including a proven ability to work to meet set deadlines
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An interest in global affairs, economics and public policy issues
- Comfort with analysing data, basic skills in statistics and Excel would be a plus
- Fluency in English
Full time, 40 hours/week; 6 months between April and October 2021
This is a paid internship.