Engineering Graduate Ampthill 2024
Lockheed Martin UK are hiring Engineering Graduates to join the Engineering teams on programmes across the business, based in Ampthill, Bedfordshire.
All graduates hired within the 2024 cohort will be rotated through varying opportunities over a 2 year period (approximately every 6 months), in order to provide a broad exposure to different aspects of the Engineering development lifecycle.
Candidates will have drive and be enthusiastic about change and challenge, with ambition for both our business and their personal success. In return, we offer a full career with potential for technical and/or management advancement, supported by our commitment to ongoing professional training.
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Graduate Engineers are required to join a multi-discipline Engineering Function, supporting a diverse range of activities, and this will include the following:
- Plan own work within defined constraints with the assistance of engineering and technical mentors.
- Provide overall technical support and assistance to engineers.
- Perform technical support and assistance to engineers.
- Perform technical analyses and prepare engineering reports.
- Participate in the management of selected subcontracted technical.
- Develop the skills and working knowledge of project standards and procedures.
- Meet plans, schedules and costs with assistance from engineering technical mentors.
- Successfully complete and apply appropriate training courses.
All Engineering disciplines will be considered. However, qualifications in Aerospace, Math's or Physics would be an advantage.
What we offer you
At Lockheed Martin our employees come first and therefore your physical, mental and financial wellbeing matters to us. On top of working in a highly supportive, friendly, respectful environment you can expect so much more.
We are an employer in support of and offering Flexible working with the option to also work a 4 day week depending on business requirements, where you have the option of Fridays off. We offer Competitive salaries alongside a flexible holiday entitlement.
We have a Wealth of benefits available to you that can be selected through our wellbeing tool upon commencement of employment. Just a few of our amazing benefits are shown below:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Competitive Pension
- Critical Illness
- Life Assurance
- Travel Insurance
- Employee discounts for top high street shops
- Employee Assistance Program which includes free face to face counselling sessions, Legal advice, Financial advice, etc
- Internal training and development alongside out Education assistance programmes
- Reimbursement for a professional membership
- Competitive policies that support flexibility and family leave inclusive of enhanced maternity leave
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of business areas focusing on Platform Integration, Ground Based Air Defence, Special Projects and Weapons, which provide a variety of products and services to the Ministry of Defence and other customers.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return we offer an exciting and challenging career path and excellent work/life balance with a 4 day week (Mon-Thurs) and flexible working arrangements.
Equal opportunity statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.