Graduate Sustainable Mechanical & Electrical Services Engineer Bristol 2023
We are recruiting for a Graduate Sustainable Mechanical & Electrical Services Engineer (Building Services Engineer) for our Bristol office.
Based at our new offices in Bristol, you will have the opportunity to expand your skillset and gain invaluable knowledge from senior team members, whilst working closely with other members of the team based in our Swindon and Cornwall offices.
Your career within Method Consulting will only be limited by your ability and aspirations and responsibility will be given to you at a level commensurate with your ability. We will support you to become a member of the CIBSE, IET, IMechE or EI and eventually to become chartered engineer.
Included in Building Magazine’s Top 150 Consultants & Top 50 Engineers list 2021, we have also been included in the Top 50 Employers in Building Magazine’s annual survey for four of the last five years. We are committed to providing the very best to our team and our workplace initiatives ensure that you will have the right resources and skills to achieve your goals.
Method operates a hybrid working policy so this will be a blend of the office and working remotely.
Unfortunately, we do not have the facility to provide working VISA’s and consequently we cannot accept applications from overseas students on a student VISA.
Role and Responsibilities
- Building services engineering design including mechanical and electrical engineering and building physics
- Advising clients on how to reduce energy use through engineering design and specification
- Working with design teams including architects, structural engineers, quantity surveyors and specialist consultants
- Advising on building services aspects of BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes
- Computer thermal modelling of buildings to assess energy use
- Site visits to construction sites to inspect building services installations
- Advising on building-integrated renewable energy
- CAD using AutoCAD or similar
Experience and Qualifications
- An appreciation of sustainability, renewable energy technologies, thermodynamics and energy systems are essential
- You should have a good degree in any engineering or physical sciences discipline – for example mechanical or electrical engineering, building services engineering, environmental engineering, architectural engineering or physics
- You must be interested in the built environment and have the ability to communicate clearly and professionally
- Ability to design and deliver projects to a high quality, from concept to completion
- You will need to adapt to new situations quickly and be willing to contribute as an active design team member
- A full driving licence is desirable
To meet with current legislation, rights to work checks will be carried out to ensure candidates are eligible to work within the UK. We are currently unable to support candidates with a Tier 2 Visa or those requiring sponsorship to work here.
We offer 24 days’ leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days flex, plus an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme. Salary is highly competitive and will increase rapidly with experience.
Method Consulting is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably-qualified persons.
To apply please send your CV and a chatty letter telling us about your background and why you are interested in the role to us.