Wealth Graduate Scheme Edinburgh 2024
At M&G our purpose is to help people manage and grow their savings and investments, responsibly. As a business, we are continuing to take steps towards a sustainable future, delivering better long-term solutions for our customers and clients and identifying new opportunities to make a positive impact for our environment and communities. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values of care and integrity and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles and also offer work place accommodations to ensure you have what you need to effectively deliver in your role.
What is Wealth at M&G?
M&G Wealth is an end to end Wealth Management business providing advice, platform, technical support and investment solutions to our clients. We believe that wealth is more than money. It’s not just what you have, but what you can do with it. It's choice, knowledge, peace of mind and doing the right thing by you, for those we love and the world we all share. We are helping to close the advice gap through making advice available to more people through a range of advice solutions. We offer solutions to customers that meet their needs and offer value for money. We aim to make it easy for customers and advisers to deal with us.
What is the M&G Wealth Graduate Scheme?
The scheme is an 18 – 24-month rotational programme, resulting in a permanent role upon completion. During this time, you will be rotating through different teams within Wealth, whilst following your own learner journey – which includes full support in studying for the Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) - an essential qualification for starting a career in Wealth.
Each rotation is six months, giving you plenty of time to become a value-add member in the team, to pick up day-to-day responsibilities, as well as working on live projects. During each rotation, your manager will work with you to assess your performance: looking at your strengths and areas of development to adjust your personal development plan as your career interests develop.
Moving into the corporate world is an adjustment, and we want to make sure you feel supported in making that step. Upon joining, you will be allocated a buddy from some of our current and previous Graduates to act as a peer-mentor, and we have designed a three-week induction to introduce you to the world of M&G, our industry, and to also equip you with the professional skills needed to effectively transition into your first rotation.
Building a network is key to your career, M&G host a number of social events throughout the year, as well as a host of networking opportunities which you will be encouraged to attend.
What will you be doing?
Your rotational programme has been designed to equip you with the tools and knowledge to be successful once you finish the scheme, this means some rotations will be mandatory and others’ will have flexibility for you to decide according to your career interests. Teams involved in the scheme are:
- Distribution: Exposure to the how the sales process works into our UK Retail clients and the support teams that enable that process.
- Advice: The opportunity to learn about financial services at the point where our investments meet customers
- Product & Proposition: How we develop and manages the solutions that customer buy, including the end-end customer journey. You’ll be focused on market research and analysis, as well as proposition design considerations, and the customer experience journey.
- Wealth Operations: Carrying out an operations role, supporting our customers on the front line and gaining insight into Wealth Operations provides critical foundation and insight- something every future leader needs.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic, eager to learn, and have a genuine interest in starting their career in Wealth. We don’t require specific degrees or grades because we know each background and experience brings its own skills and individual perspective to M&G. This programme will teach you the technical and professional skills you need to be successful in your career, as long as you are committed to investing the time in your own development.
- Recent Graduate, or expected graduation date of 2024.
- Available to start the programme on 2 September 2024.
- Right to Work permanently in the UK - we are unable to provide sponsorship for this programme.
Our application process
We will work with you during the recruitment process to align your strengths and preferences with our teams to find you the most suitable placement. To do this, we follow a four-stage process:
- 1. Submit your CV Application
- 2. Complete our Online Assessments
- 3. Complete a Video Interview
- 4. Attend one of our Assessment Centres
Before the Assessment Centre Day, you will attend a candidate briefing session where we will cover what to expect on the day, and tips for success. On the day itself you will be able to speak to current and previous Graduates to find out their experiences of M&G and the transition to corporate life.
What you can expect from us
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work.
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed.
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make.
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse, and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best.
Interested? Apply now, or meet us at one of our career events
We regularly host and attend events around the UK where you can speak to managers, and current graduates, about what it’s like to join one of our schemes. If you would like the opportunity to meet with us, please follow this link to explore the details of our upcoming events.
We have a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture at M&G plc, underpinned by our policies and our employee-led networks who provide networking opportunities, advice and support for the diverse communities our colleagues represent. Regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, nationality or disability we are looking to attract, promote and retain exceptional people. We also welcome those who take part in military service and those returning from career breaks.