NERA Summer Internship
NERA Economic Consulting is a global firm of experts dedicated to applying economic, finance, and quantitative principles to complex business and legal challenges. For half a century, NERA’s economists have been creating strategies, studies, reports, expert testimony, and policy recommendations for government authorities and the world’s leading law firms and corporations. We bring academic rigor, objectivity, and real world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation.
NERA’s clients value our ability to apply and communicate state-of-the-art approaches clearly and convincingly, our commitment to deliver unbiased findings, and our reputation for quality and independence. Our clients rely on the integrity and skills of our unparalleled team of economists and other experts backed by the resources and reliability of one of the world’s largest economic consultancies. With its main office in New York City, NERA serves clients from more than 25 offices across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
NERA provides an environment in which dedication to client and project success, individual professional development, and fun are at the forefront. The work environment is collegial, and there are numerous opportunities to learn and connect with staff at all levels.
This is a unique opportunity for you to work on real cases and projects to gain invaluable experience in economic consulting. Collaborating with internationally-recognised experts, you will learn more about the integral work that NERA performs.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting literature and data research
- Conceptual analysis applying the theoretical literature to the facts of a case
- Management and cleaning of data
- Data analysis and interpretation of results
- Active participation in drafting reports, memoranda, presentations and other work products
We are seeking final year undergraduate students and current Masters and PhD students with first-rate academic records in Economics, Finance or a related discipline for summer and off-cycle internship positions. Although specialisms such as microeconomics, IO, econometrics and finance are of particular interest, NERA employs strong analytic and empirical economists from any field of speciality.
Qualified candidates must be detail-oriented, able to think analytically and critically, and have excellent oral and written communication. Business level English is required and additional business level fluency in another European language is preferred but not required.
What you can expect from us
- Exposure to live projects, so you can apply the knowledge and skills you have acquired during your studies to help solve real world problems
- Competitive salary
- Support to develop through high-quality training
- A ‘buddy’ to help integrate you into the firm and support throughout
- Firm-sponsored social activities
- The opportunity to be considered for a full-time position after your studies