Quantitative Trading Internship Amsterdam 2024
As our Quantitative Trading Intern, you’ll work in the heart of Optiver’s Amsterdam trading floor – one of the most exciting and dynamic in Europe. Over the course of eight weeks, you will gain full insight into what it takes to be a Trader at a leading global market maker, and based on your performance could receive an offer to return at the end of your studies. Don't miss out on this unique opportunity to kick-start your career in a dynamic, collaborative and international environment.
Who we are
At Optiver, our mission is to improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilising force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we play an active role in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for all participants. We tackle the toughest problems, challenge the status quo and always aim for excellence. As one of the largest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner on 70+ exchanges across the globe.
Our Amsterdam office is where it all began. Since our founding in 1986, Optiver’s Amsterdam office has developed into one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe. Our culture reflects the Dutch capital city’s progressive, innovative and inclusive nature. With its unique spirit, Amsterdam is the ideal hub for our teams to trade a wide range of products, from listed derivatives to cash equities, ETFs, bonds and foreign exchange.
What you’ll do
As Optiver’s Quantitative Trading Intern, you’ll deep-dive into understanding the fundamentals of trading, from theory to financial markets, strategies and cutting-edge technology. But you won’t only receive our intensive in-house training – you’ll put your knowledge into practice through simulated trading. Requiring quick thinking, a critical mindset and bold action, our internship programme is as close as you can get to real trading experience. What’s more: the projects you fully own and develop will be implemented directly into our trading desks, meaning you’ll contribute to our ever evolving strategies. Get ready to test your limits and accelerate your growth in a truly fascinating, high-performance environment.
Who you are
- Penultimate year student in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or equivalent, with the ability to work full-time upon graduation in 2025
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- A proactive, problem-solving nature
- Fast decision-making skills
- Motivation to succeed and eagerness to constantly improve yourself
- Great attention to detail
- Computer programming skills are not required but definitely a plus
- Fluent verbal and written English skills
What you’ll get
- An 8 week internship (Spring: May-June / Summer: July-August) working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Optiver-covered travel to Amsterdam and a fully furnished apartment in the city center
- Awesome social events and outings
- A range of benefits including free breakfast, lunch and dinner, bi-weekly massages, a bicycle to explore Amsterdam and much more
- Most importantly, the possibility to receive a full-time offer upon completion of internship
How to apply
Are you interested in furthering your career on one of the most dynamic and exciting trading floors in Europe?
Apply directly via the form below for the position of Quantitative Trading Intern. Please provide us with a CV and letter of motivation in English. Unfortunately we cannot accept applications via email for data protection reasons.
If your application is selected to proceed to the next round, you will be required to complete online assessments. By submitting your application you are confirming that you will be able to take the assessment within 14 days.