Product Internship Programme
Who we're looking for
We're looking for innovative interns to join our Product division on our 2021 Summer Internship Programme. These roles are part of our future leadership programme where we are looking to build graduates with the skills and expertise fitting for a future leader within our Product business.
We design and develop innovative products for our clients. So we're after innovative, curious people who are up for a new experience. You'll be happy working with colleagues from across the business and building relationships, but we also need someone who is actively interested in learning about the markets and help shape our strategies.
The Product division is made up of a range of teams whose overall responsibility encompasses creation and oversight of existing product strategy as well as the marketing of Schroders investment capabilities. Product works closely with a variety of teams across the business including Investment and Distribution.
Our 2021 Summer Internship Programme starts on Monday 21 June 2021 and runs for 8 weeks ending on Friday 13 August 2021. This Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how Product operates within it. You'll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business.
During your internship you will be assigned one of the Product teams where you will have the opportunity to work on live projects and shadow senior executives.
Some of the teams you could be placed into include Product Development, Market Intelligence, GAIA Product and Marketing:
- Product Development - This team works on creating new products (e.g. funds) for our clients. Our job is to outperform others in the industry by creating products that are innovative and suit our clients' needs.
- Market Intelligence - This team has the aim of providing stronger data connectivity between Schroders and the market. The team aims to build a strong understanding of the market, better inform Schroders' sales activity, improve product positioning and suggest product development ideas.
- Schroder GAIA – GAIA is our dedicated platform for liquid alternative strategies. Product Specialists in our GAIA team get involved in a variety of tasks from making pitches to clients, industry analysis and working with our global sales teams.
- Marketing – Our Marketing teams then work on inventive campaigns across the globe to engage our clients and drive organic growth.
What you'll be like
- A great communicator with good interpersonal skills
- Creative – you'll be able to think outside the box and bring fresh ideas to the table
- Happy to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
- Be interested in the markets, investment management and global trends
- Flexible and open minded as you'll be rotating around different teams
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
- Predicted a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we're not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
- Penultimate year of study or in final year of study but planning to continue further studies after the end of the Internship
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
Candidates should be available to start the 2021 Summer Internship Programme on Monday 21 June 2021. The programme ends on 13 August 2021.
We recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability