Downstream Commercial Assessed Internship 2021
At Shell, we believe everyone has a part to play in the global transition to cleaner energy – especially you. We’re looking for students and graduates, whose energy and passion for change can help us achieve our goals of providing more and cleaner energy solutions.
We have a range of assessed internship opportunities for you to explore. No matter your discipline, you’ll have the chance to work on meaningful projects that directly impact our business – and the world. Dedicated mentors will support you every step of the way and help guide your progression in a company built around inclusivity and collaboration. Join us on our journey to develop tomorrow’s energy solutions today.
Shell Internship Programme
Our internships are fully assessed and will allow you to get involved in real projects specifically matched to your interests and abilities. You’ll receive regular and structured performance evaluations from your mentor and direct supervisor, and you’ll find out what the energy industry is really like, from the inside.
A Shell internship gives you the opportunity to:
- Build valuable networks for future career options,
- Discover potential job areas, fields of specialisation or area of future study,
- Gain exposure to the energy industry,
- Work on projects that have a real business impact, and
- Put into practice the theories and concepts you have learned.
As you'll be assessed entirely on how well you perform during your internship, you could even secure an offer to join Shell full-time when you graduate - without the need for a further interview.
What we look for
We are looking for ambitious students to help us tackle the energy challenge.
- For this commercial role, you’ll need to have, or be studying towards, a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- You must be in your penultimate year of study at a recognised university.
- There are no specific academic requirements for grades, however we do expect candidates to have a strong academic record.
Shell matches you into a particular role based on your skills, so you will not be required to apply for a specific internship position, but you will need to indicate your preferred area of interest.
The location for the internships could be on-site, virtual or a combination of the two. This will be confirmed nearer the time and will be discussed in detail with your recruiter.
* Please note that you must be lawfully authorised to work in the country in which you're assigned to work in the Programme.