Graduate Engineer UK 2024
Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate in your final year? Join our graduate programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your graduate programme with us at Siemens Mobility!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
We have expertise in many areas of technology including Communication Information Systems, helping people get from A to B every single day, safely. This role is based within Siemens Rail Infrastructure, whose client portfolio includes Network Rail & HS1. We are actively involved in projects for Crossrail, East Coast Main Line, Edinburgh Trams, Scotland decarbonisation and Transpennine Route Upgrade.
Begin your journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Siemens.
- Work as part of a highly motivated test team, supporting onsite and office-based activities throughout the Test & Commissioning aspect of system delivery.
- Assist the Test team with commissioning tasks and activities to ensure they are delivered and undertaken in accordance with Health and Safety procedures and requirements, within mainline and light railway environments.
- Supporting the Test team to ensure project tasks are delivered in accordance with Siemens Mobility Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative requirements.
- Assist with the production of Telecoms test documentation for both technical and non-technical (i.e., Health & Safety) deliverables, while adhering to project and standards requirements.
- Assist with planning, co-ordination, and allocation of Telecoms Test resources and equipment to deliver tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Assist with the tracking and maintenance of critical test equipment and tools, to better understand the importance of equipment Calibration and system assurance.
- Assist with the delivery of Telecoms test activities within the agreed time, cost, quality, safety, and system performance requirements.
- Support with the processing of completed test documentation and assessment of test results for system assurance and customer handover.
- Maintain and develop good relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers, sub-contractors, and Partners.
- Supporting the Test team to ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools are applied throughout the commissioning lifecycle.
- Develop own professional knowledge and competence, maintaining an awareness of developments in the industry and identifying opportunities for innovation.
- Complete personal and business objectives agreed under the Performance Management Process
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Achieved or be on track to achieve a 2:2 or above in a electrical engineering or related degree.
- You think logically, willing to self-learn and research, and take a creative approach to problem solving
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
- You enjoy collaborating with others to find innovative solutions
- You shall Identify with our values of Zero Harm, Innovation, Excellence and Responsibility. We can teach you the knowledge, however, it also means a lot to us for you to align to our culture and behaviours.
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the graduate development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/grads) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary of £32,000 and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of (insert discipline). Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a competitive salary, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. (If the role is London based; a London Weighting allowance will also be offered). If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.