Finance Graduate - London
Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
We’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Moving billions of GBP of customer money in more than 70 countries, Wise must have bulletproof financials. We need timely, accurate and scalable financial data to be compliant with regulations. As a Wise graduate analyst in Finance, you’ll make smart business decisions so that our customers, regulators and investors can trust us to be sustainable.
How you’ll contribute to our Finance team
Your role will span across multiple parts of the Finance Tribe technical/operational teams. With a proficiency in SQL and/or Python, you’ll help us build a sustainable real time financial data engine, to ensure our financials are looking healthy. You’ll also support stakeholders with data, modeling and data investigation. When you join the graduate programme, we’ll jointly decide what your first focus areas will be, and later you can move around the Tribe to drive different areas, and help us achieve our mission.
The role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an impact – you’ll have an opportunity to build, own and grow parts of the financial engine of one of the fastest-growing fintech companies in Europe
- Own your path to success – you’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Expand your skills and develop for the future – build efficient engineering solutions, analytical data pipelines, reporting and outputs
- Gain more experience that will allow you to grow with Finance as well as the wider TransferWise team
- Work in an international Finance Team and learn a lot about Finance, financial technology and driving financial sustainability of a fast growing company
In your first 6 months:
- You’ll onboard (remotely if necessary) and spend some time understanding your team and tribe’s vision. Once you know this, you’ll better understand how you can contribute
- Understand the problems your team are solving
- Understand how finance works at Wise and what each team and tribe does. From Fraud to Anti Money Laundering teams – there are lots! Don’t worry, we’ll help you get acquainted
- Understand the culture. We work in autonomous teams, so you’ll need time to understand how that works
- We’re big on planning. You’ll go through two quarterly plan cycles and get to propose your own ideas to take your product further
- Design creative financial models
- Collaborate with engineering teams and product managers
- Work closely with data engineers and other analysts
- Support key stakeholders with data and build advanced financial data controls
What does it take? These things are a must:
- You are a final year student studying a Bachelors or Masters degree. This might be in Finance, Economics, Financial Technology, Engineering (or something similar)
- A previous analyst internship, ideally at a fintech or start up
- You have strong SQL skills, building experience in Python
- You have some knowledge or strong commitment to learn finance business domain
- You are flexible in the set of technologies you use now and like proactively learning some new stuff in both technical and business parts of your job
- You can develop data visualizations using typical BI tools (we use Looker, Tableau)
- Instead of waiting for a task you can propose a problem statement, model, approach, solution
- You can work with minimal direction beforehand and are strong in structuring your approach towards problem resolution
- Experience in financial reporting and familiarity with accounting principles
What you get back:
- 🚀 Stock options in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- 🏃♀️Lots of team activities (currently being done remotely)
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.