MSc International Business
International Business will provide you with advanced knowledge and skills in international business, cross-cultural management and entrepreneurship in an international context.
Why this programme?
- This programme is designed for students with talent, ambition and entrepreneurial flair, who would like to develop a career in international business development, international entrepreneurship or venture management.
- It combines developing entrepreneurial skills for business start-up and management skills for the international market place.
- You will learn about new venture creation and business start-up, business growth in cross-border contexts and be involved in international consultancy projects.
- In semester 2 you will get the opportunity to carry out a consultancy market research project for companies to advise them on the international market place.
- By the end of the programme you will be able toidentify opportunities, design and plan international strategies, and implement product development in cross cultural contexts.
- You will be taught by staff renowned for creative research on the internationalisation of small and medium-sized businesses, multinational enterprises, and international economics. Some of our lecturers are able to discuss their own research or business ventures when explaining theories to help aid your understanding of international business and entrepreneurship.
- You will have guest lectures from inspiring alumni who have used the degree to help them start their own business.
- You will develop analytical skills in evaluating secondary and primary data for international decision-making through the consultancy market research project.
- Classes provide you with an interactive learning environment and develop your multicultural team-working capabilities.
- Take advantage of our individualised skills development programme, which will ensure you balance academic theory with crucial employability skills to help you maximise your potential and achieve your career goals.
You will take nine core and two optional courses and submit a dissertation. Over the course of your degree, you will put theory into practice by combining your learning from the two main subject areas, international business and entrepreneurship, to develop a start–up plan for a business with international potential. You will then develop your understanding of how firms compete successfully in the international market place. Throughout the year you will develop practical, intellectual and transferable skills through a range of group and individual activities. You will also be involved in internationalisation consultancy projects with real companies.
- Entrepreneurial Finance for Smes
- Global Business Environment
- International Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- International Management Solutions
- International Strategic Management
- Managing Across Cultures and Comparative Management
- Multinational Management
- Market Analysis
- Specialist Research Methods
- International Business and Entreprenership in Emerging Economies
- Managing Innovation and Technology Transfer
- Understanding Transnational Corporations
Programme alteration or discontinuation
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In exceptional circumstances, however, the University may withdraw or alter a programme.
Graduates are presented with a range of opportunities in the employment market. Our alumni have either set up their own business, or worked in SMEs, consultancy or multinational companies such as AMT Group, Google and IGI Global, in a management capacity. We have a dedicated careers and employability team who provides 1-2-1 support and advice, group workshops, employer events on campus and networking opportunities throughout the year to help you with your career prospects.
Fees & Funding
Tuition fees for 2023-24:
- UK - Full-time fee: £13,650
- International & EU - Full-time fee: £27,930
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business and management, marketing or commerce, or another relevant social science degree. Your degree must contain at least 25% of undergraduate credits in marketing, business strategy and statistical methods. Those who do not have such a background who would like to pursue further studies in the area of entrepreneurship and business development are advised to apply for MSc Management with Enterprise and Business Growth.
Only applications that meet or exceed our stated entry requirements will go forward for consideration. Any application that does not will be automatically rejected. Applicants will be made offers based on their relative performance compared to other applicants, taking into account both current GPA, or degree classification, and the relevance of an applicant’s academic background.
Please note, applications that meet our minimum entry requirements may still be rejected, based on its score in comparison to other applications received during the same round. Please review our stated entry requirements to ensure you meet or exceed them before submitting your application.