Finance Placement 2022
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world’s best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team. Join us. Shape your story here.
- Supporting the UK & Ireland team with month & quarter end tasks as well as ad hoc projects
- Liaise with the wider business, communicating effectively on all finance related queries
- Provide support on all aspects of the team’s responsibilities whist assisting with process improvements
- Supporting finance team on reporting, controllership, analysis, and ad hoc queries
- Interpret data to provide insights
- Meeting attendance to take minutes and record actions
- Preparation of presentations and slides for review
- Ownership of team admin and project tracking
- You must be a current University student in your 2nd year of study, looking to spend your 3rd year on placement and graduating no earlier than July 2023.
- Part way through a Business, Accounting or other relevant degree
- Exhibit curiosity and retention of industry practices, trends and new developments across the evolving content and distribution landscape.
- Knowledge of MS-Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint to an intermediate level and a willing to learn other PC application software.
- Able to work independently and self-motivate.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactive in seeking improvements to current procedures
- Analytical, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work within a team or individually with minimal supervisory direction.
- Ability to work under pressure, deadline focussed.
- Previous holiday work in an office environment may be helpful
What WM can offer you
- You will gain hands-on experience working on business-critical projects.
- You will have to opportunity to network and build relationships with professionals, executives, and other students passionate about their field.
- You will work with industry professionals to best position yourself for a full-time position upon graduation/completion of internship.
- You will be enrolled on our Early Careers learning & training programme, as well as having access to personal and professional development courses, executive speakers’ series, special screenings and more.
- You will have the chance to give back to the community.
- You will be one of over 100 WM Early Careers employees, meaning you will have an important support network of other students, graduates and apprentices and plenty of opportunities to socialise!
Please submit your CV (no cover letter required) if you'd like to apply by Sunday 28th November 2021. Within 5 days of submitting your application, you will be invited to complete an application questionnaire via HireVue - you must complete this to be considered for the role.
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.