Bright Network is the free to access leading careers community designed to help the best and brightest students from all backgrounds make the connections they need to fulfil their potential and get ahead in the world of work.
39% of Bright Network members are BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) and 85% attended a state school. 14% of our members have received Free School Meals and 40% are the first generation to go to university. We have an impressive track record of helping thousands of our members secure internships and graduate jobs with leading recruiters.
To ensure we're able to provide relevant advice and support to our members, and in turn help firms engage and recruit the talent they need for their business, we ask that all members meet one or more of the criteria set out below.
- Have attained at least 320 UCAS Points (128 UCAS points - in the new system) - for A level students you must have attained this number of points in your first three subjects, excluding general studies
- Are studying or have studied at a university where the average UCAS entry points are 128 UCAS points or above. Click here to see the full list
- Have graduated and received a first class degree from any university/degree combination
- Studying for a masters degree at a university from our Bright Network list. Click here to see the full list
- Studying for a RICS accredited course in the UK. For a full list of these courses please click here
- If you’re not a UK resident, you are either studying or have attained a degree from a Times Global Top 100 University
I don't meet the criteria, am I still able to join?
If you do not meet one of the above criteria, but believe you should still be considered for Bright Network membership, we would be delighted to hear from you. We look at each application on a case by case basis, so if there were mitigating circumstances around your examination results or you believe your background has impacted on your educational progress to date, please get in touch with our Membership Talent Team - email@example.com - with a copy of your CV and details of your situation. We aim to answer all membership queries within 48 hours.
39% of Bright Network members are BAME (Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic) and 38% are the first generation to go to university
Not only are our members academically strong but they're also diverse. We're committed to creating a network of students who have the potential to become the UK's future leaders across all sectors and industries. Our aim is to help them develop crucial connections with leading employers and personalised support so that they can make great career choices.
We also partner with diversity organisations to ensure these students are able to access great advice and support - if you would like to work with us, please get in touch with our Marketing Manager, Ben Triggs, firstname.lastname@example.org / 0203 011 1612.
Member Focus - Martin Dickson
Martin Dickson attended Berwick upon Tweed Community High School, a non-selective state school in the north east of England. Having attended Bright Network: Commercial Law 2013, Martin successfully managed to secure a Vacation scheme with Clifford Chance, Allen & Overy and Freshfields.
Bright Network has offered Martin full support throughout his applications and at last year's festival he shared his experiences with 150 bright law students. He has just secured a training contract with Freshfields.
Should you have any questions in regard to our membership criteria, please get in touch directly with our CEO & Founder - James Uffindell. 0203 011 1612 / email@example.com