Who we are
CIL is an international management consultancy with offices in the US, Europe, and the UK. We help businesses grow, build value and invest wisely. We are rigorous in our approach, confident in our conclusions, and expert at what we do.
We specialise in strategy consulting, assessing and building business plans, identifying market opportunities, and due diligence. Our 3 core services are as follows…
- Management Support - Advising management teams with key strategic and operational decisions; from what strategy to pursue to how to deliver it
- Investor advice - Assisting investors throughout the investment process, identifying opportunities, advising on investment decisions, and supporting post-deal
- Advanced analytics - Leveraging advanced analytics to help our clients transform business data into a strategic asset
Careers with us
We are committed to being the best consultancy to work for by providing our employees with a supportive environment and world-class business education. Our workplace is open and diverse, allowing individuals from all backgrounds to thrive.
A career at CIL offers the opportunity to work across interesting engagements for fast-growing innovative businesses; rapid career progression and industry-leading development. Our engagements are typically quite short, meaning that employees can work with different people across the company and on a wide variety of projects.
Life at CIL
Although we work in structured project teams, we are socially very equal, lively, and inclusive. There are no corner offices, no private fiefdoms, and no cliques
Socials: We’ve got an incredible social scene, with regular events, parties and post-project celebrations. Our people genuinely enjoy spending time with one another, which is part of what makes us special
Support: Supportiveness is integral to achievement and something we pride ourselves on at CIL. All employees have a career manager who mentors and supports them on their journey, as well as a designated “buddy”
Training: We provide a high-quality training programme delivered within a hugely supportive learning environment
Health and wellness: As well as private health insurance, we offer regular HIIT and Pilates classes
A sustainable choice
We strongly believe that when you’re fulfilled you do your best work for your clients. Consulting can be a challenging job, but we are committed to ensuring life at CIL is an attractive long-term career option.
- Transparent calendars: We work around each other’s plans and commitments
- No facetime: We’re not a facetime culture. When your work is done, you log off!
- WFH: We operate a hybrid work model at CIL
- Emergency childcare: If your childcare arrangements fall through, CIL will cover the cost of five days of emergency childcare
- TOIL: After an intense consulting project, the team is given the time off in lieu to recover
- Sabbaticals: Sometimes, annual leave just isn’t enough time to get things done. Sabbaticals for Senior Analysts and above are actively encouraged at CIL.
Our graduate programmes
We provide a world-class business education so that you can become an exceptional management consultant.
Graduates join CIL as Analysts, the first stage in any management consultant’s career. Our analysts are an integral part of our project teams and are expected to collect and interrogate primary and secondary research, refine hypotheses with the rest of the team, and draft output for inclusion in the final report.
Analysts attend client meetings and help present findings – we believe that early client exposure is essential to career development. Analysts also play a vital role in the recruitment process, mentoring interview attendees and new graduate intakes.
Senior Analysts often take ownership of entire workstreams or small projects. They will increasingly have responsibility for guiding more junior members of the team.
Our two graduate intakes take place in the Spring and Autumn each year.
What we look for
We employ inquisitive self-starters so that new joiners can make a significant contribution to projects and solve client problems from day one.
Successful CIL people share some common attributes:
- Strong academic background from a world-class university.
- Intellectual horsepower and curiosity for solving business problems.
- An appetite for testing themselves and using past mistakes to improve
- Motivation and ambition, ability to stand on their own two feet.
- Strong team working and people skills.
- Outstanding numeracy, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Humility and quiet self-confidence.
- At the time of starting their employment, the successful candidate must have the right to work in the country of their respective office (i.e. UK or US).
- Other language skills are an advantage, with many of our engagements featuring an international element.
Does this sound like the place for you? Find out more about CIL.