We think our approach to Learning & development is different:
- We will work with you to devise a personal development plan tailored to your needs and ambitions.
- Our personalised approach also extends to providing one to one coaching and mentoring to springboard performance.
- We run dedicated training programmes for every level of employee – from junior staff to senior partners. If you change roles or assignments, you can be sure you’ll receive all the necessary training and development support.
- All employees receive comprehensive management and commercial training, in addition to legal training.
- Our dedicated IT support team are on hand to help with any aspect of IT training, from software courses to technical queries, to how to make the most of our intranet.
Our Training Programmes
We provide an ongoing training programme for all our qualified fee-earners that’s designed to develop your knowledge, challenge you, and hone your skills.
Our learning curriculum comprises core development programmes, as well as elective workshops, the CMS Academy, the Senior Associate Development programme and coaching, where appropriate.
There are three core development programmes as follows:
- Lawyer Development Programme - The focus in this programme is on developing your legal skills and commercial acumen so that you can provide our clients with a broad range of legal advice and business solutions.
- Associate Development Programme - This programme will help you develop the business and management skills you’ll need to become a leading lawyer – from business development and building and managing your personal brand, to career and development planning.
- Senior Associate Development Programme - Open to all senior associates, this programme focuses on enhancing your performance, building leadership and management skills, winning business and leading and managing a profitable practice.
The CMS Academy aims to provide an opportunity for CMS employees to develop and practise soft skills that are vital to their work (e.g. financial awareness, project management skills, influencing and negotiation skills etc.), as well as facilitating the firm to deliver on its value proposition; in particular cross-border coordination and building strong, trusted relationships.