Camera Algorithm Engineering Internship 2022
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish.
Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it.
Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every single day.
Apple's Camera Algorithm team is looking for interns interested in developing next generation image capture, processing and rendering algorithms to be used across all Apple product cameras. As part of the team you will research and develop novel ways to improve the image and video quality of Apple’s camera systems.
In order to reduce the computational complexity of your methods you are encouraged to take advantage of Apple silicon technologies such as the Image Signal Processor (ISP) or the Apple Neural Engine (ANE). The Camera Algorithm team works at the intersection of software and hardware, developing real time algorithms required for camera operation and having major impact on the final image and video quality.
This interdisciplinary team works closely with many other teams including silicon design, camera hardware and camera software teams to deliver industry leading consumer imaging devices. The work environment fosters innovation, rapid iteration and awards independence and creativity in solving engineering problems.
- An understanding of the inner workings of a modern digital camera and the Image Signal Processor (ISP)
- Familiarity with imaging algorithms such as: auto white balance, tone mapping, denoising, auto exposure and auto focus
- Experience with computational photography techniques such as high dynamic range (HDR) imaging
- Practical experience with machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Working knowledge of Matlab, Python and ML libraries (Tensorflow, Pytorch)
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication in English
As an intern, you will be developing machine learning and computational photography approaches to improve the performance of fundamental camera algorithms such as auto white balance or tone mapping.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of studies in a Master's or PhD Degree program and ideally studying Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics or a related field.
- This position is a full-time internship and availability for 3 months as a minimum is preferred.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.