Compliance Internship Programme
What we're looking for
We're looking for entrepreneurial students to join our 2021 Compliance Internship Programmes.
Upholding high standards of conduct and protecting our clients' interests are fundamental to our business. Good governance and risk management are essential, especially when we place great value on our reputation in a world of heightened regulatory and political change.
Our role is to help manage Schroders' relationship with regulators (e.g. the FCA & PRA), advise colleagues on regulatory requirements and monitor our compliance with regulations. It's a global function that helps oversee policy and practice to help manage Schroders regulatory and reputational risks.
Some day to day task may include:
- Analysing and communicating the impact of new regulation on Schroders
- Helping to monitor that our businesses are operating in a compliant way either by looking at themes or by specific processes (such as trade surveillance)
- Supporting projects inside and outside of the department
- As part of the Internship Programme, you'll be given training to help you perform to the best of your abilities in across our Compliance teams.
You will work closely with other teams across the Group, particularly those in investment functions and those in governance functions, such as Risk, Group Internal Audit and Group Legal.
Our 2020 Summer Internship Programme starts on Monday 21 June 2021 and runs for 8 weeks ending on Friday 13 August 2021. This Programme will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how the Compliance department operates within it. You'll be given introductory training and opportunities to network with people across the business.
What you'll be like
- Innovative and analytical – you're able to think outside the box and bring a fresh perspective
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Willing to get involved in variety of tasks and projects
- Passionate about financial markets and understanding global trends and changing regulations
- You have a genuine interest in building a long term career in Risk & Compliance
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
- Predicted a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent – we're not fussed when it comes to your degree subject
- Online application form and CV
- Online assessments
- Video interview
- Assessment centre
Candidates should be available to start the 2021 Summer Internship Programme on Monday 21 June 2021. The programme ends on 13 August 2021.
We recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.