Field Applications Engineer Track (FAST Rotation Program) Manchester 2023
We can't predict what the future holds, but we know Texas Instruments will have a part in shaping it. TI’s FAST (Field Applications & Sales Training) Rotation Program is designed to prepare Sales & Applications team members for customer-oriented careers that pair technical skills with business perspectives. The program provides experiences that help rising TIers understand how to successfully grow TI’s business and to thrive throughout their entire TI career. There are two available FAST program tracks: (1) Field Applications and (2) Technical Sales.
About the program
This 11-month experience aims to establish rising Field Applications Engineers (FAEs) as technical TI experts with customer engineers and internal teams.
- Rotation 1 (6 month), Field Sales Office (FSO): The FSO rotation is centered on learning how to work directly with customers to solve technical challenges, and to ultimately maximize TI’s revenue by providing customers with the systems-level solutions that best address their design needs. Among other aspects, the FSO rotation focuses on analyzing technical trade-offs, understanding component selection, and solving design and cost challenges.
- Rotation 2 (5 month), Systems Engineering & Marketing (SEM): The SEM rotation provides hands-on experiences that help future FAEs understand how various TI components fit together to provide systems-level solutions for customer designs. This rotation focuses on technical product selection, schematic/layout capture, PCB layouts, fabrication processes, board bring up and validation.
The final role is as a FAE in a permanent position without period of commitment, based in our Manchester office.
- Using various sales tools and relationships with design engineering to identify all potential projects
- Providing customers with proactive proposals for complete, system-level solutions that maximize TI content
- Using broad technical expertise to influence customers’ part selection process while favorably positioning TI versus competition
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related field
- Fluent in English, written and oral communication skills
- Minimum 2.1 or above
- Basic understanding of schematics, layouts and digital components
- Knowledge and understanding of analog circuitry (examples include: op-amps, DC/DC power, data converters, sensing, etc.)
- Experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, along with soldering and debugging skills
- Programming skills in C/C++ (LabView recommended)
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Ability to build lasting, influential relationships, both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Ability to take initiative and drive for results
- Ability to influence decisions through a sense of urgency and competitive drive
- Engineer your future. We empower our employees to truly own their career and development. Come collaborate with some of the smartest people in the world to shape the future of electronics.
- We’re different by design. Diverse backgrounds and perspectives are what push innovation forward and what make TI stronger. We value each and every voice, and look forward to hearing yours. Meet the people of TI
- Benefits that benefit you. We offer competitive pay and benefits designed to help you and your family live your best life. Your well-being is important to us.
About Texas Instruments
As a global semiconductor company, we design, manufacture, test and sell analog and embedded processing chips to nearly 100,000 customers. Our products enable electronics everywhere and in things you experience every day – from health care, smart homes and connected cars to drones, smart phones and more. Our passion to create a better and more sustainable world by making electronics more affordable through semiconductors drives us to make our technology smaller, more efficient, more reliable and more affordable.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.