System Software Engineer Summer Internship 2022
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices, including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo. We are now looking for talented individuals to join us in 2022 - people who want to inspire creativity and co-create the future with TikTok.
Summer Internships at TikTok aim to provide students with the chance to work with our clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company. With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
This role is part of our STE (System Technology & Engineering) team. This team has been committed to research and engineering development in the primary technology fields, such as operating systems, virtualisation and optimisation of essential system software. As a Software System Engineer, you will have a broad range of technical knowledge and specialise in Linux platforms and software development. You will sit in between the development and operations team, and your key focus will be to deliver a first-class platform that our development teams can build on.
- Developing operating systems in the user mode and the system-level tools.
- Design and develop new Linux kernel features
- Linux kernel performance analysis, tuning and optimisation for production workloads
- Collaborate with global cross-function engineering teams
- Currently in your penultimate year pursuing a bachelor's degree or in your final year going on to study masters.
- Studying computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline
- Available from June for at least 12 weeks during the summertime.
- Familiar with the operating system and its components, basic knowledge of Linux kernel
- Familiar with C or C++, and a master in at least one of other languages such as Python / golang / rust / Java
- Familiar with typical data structure and algorithm, multithreading programming and multithreading program performance optimization