Developer Support Engineer Internship Brighton 2022
Unity’s Engine Support team is at the very front line of the company. Our customers are developing a huge range of games and applications in Unity, and they rely on us to keep their projects on track. Our team of highly qualified engineers takes on a wide variety of problems, which requires agile thinking and working skills.
During this 11 month paid internship, starting in summer 2022, you will work on a range of projects. You will get the chance to apply the software development knowledge you have acquired during your time at university. In return, you will be constantly learning about the latest features of Unity, and help nurture some of the most exciting games in development today!
What you’ll be doing
- Work on support tickets, helping customers with their technical problems. Develop the skills to become a fully capable team member
- Work with customer projects and develop best practices and tools for receiving, manipulating and navigating complex customer projects
- Help the other support engineers to serve customers faster by providing technical assistance, improving processes and developing tools
What we’re looking for
- You are currently studying Computer Science, Game Development or a related subject at University, looking for a placement year
- Proficiency with at least one programming language
- A strong desire to develop your Unity knowledge and help Unity users achieve their goals
You might also have
- Experience with C++ or C#
- Experience of games or app development with Unity
- Knowledge relating to graphics programming (e.g. DirectX, OpenGL)
- Understanding of “performance” in software development, i.e. speed and memory utilization
- Experience in customer service (of any form)
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.