Bright Network Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Student Leadership Board 2022
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging is taking place on 21st March and is designed to support our bright Bright Network members in exploring different career paths in a variety of sectors, whilst introducing you to committed, inclusive employers. This year, we're looking for thirty members to join the event's Student Leadership Board.
By joining the Student Leadership Board, you'll be able to influence how the event runs and take an elevated role on the day during the networking and panel sessions to help maximise the benefits of the event for yourself and other members.
What will the role involve?
As a Student Leadership Board member, you will be taking a more influential role before and at the event. Your core responsibilities will be:
- Attendance at two meetings in the weeks commencing 21st February and 7th March, as well as an event briefing on 20th March (final dates and times TBC)
- Support with spreading the word about Bright Network Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging at your university, societies and on social media
- Submission of a 20-second video on why you're looking forward to attending Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging and what you aim to get from the event (this will be shared on Bright Network's social media)
- Sharing your thoughts on the event content (e.g. panel topics)
- Sending in a short, 100-word, third-person biography and photo that will be shared to our Student Leadership Board webpage and with our partner firms
For those confident enough to do so, there may also be an opportunity to host a filmed, quick-fire Q&A with representatives from our partner firms.
On the day
- Help to encourage networking and guide productive conversations during the dedicated session
- Support with partner firm logistics and management
- Assist with attendee greetings
- Mic running during the panel session
Why should you apply?
- Take part in networking and partner firm liaison training during the preparatory meetings
- Receive the opportunity to enhance your CV with valuable skills – leadership, communication, marketing, networking and event planning
- Expand your professional and social networks
- Gain additional exposure to some of our top partner firms attending this year's Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging event
- Get the chance to secure a LinkedIn skills endorsement from Bright Network
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Student Leadership Board to be made up of people who:
- Are motivated and enthusiastic about maximising the event's impact for employers and students
- Are confident to take on a leadership position during the event
- Have experience in or an interest in learning about what it takes to plan and execute events
- Are passionate about their own personal and career development by taking on an important leadership and advisory role
- Have the time to commit to three virtual meetings prior to the event during February and March 2022
How to apply:
To apply to become a member of the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Student Leadership Board, click the Apply Now button at the top of the page and complete the application form by Sunday 13th February 2022 at 11:59pm. Spaces are limited, so we recommend you apply as early as possible.
We look forward to receiving your application soon!
Frequently asked questions
If you have any questions about applying or our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging event in general, please contact us at email@example.com.