Bright Network International Women's Day Student Leadership Board 2022
International Women's Day is taking place on 8th March and is designed to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women in the workplace today, as well as provide attendees with insights into how to succeed in historically male-dominated sectors. This year, we're looking for ten members to join the event's Student Leadership Board.
By joining the Student Leadership Board, you'll be able to influence how the event runs and take an elevated role on the day during the networking and panel sessions, to help maximise the benefits of the event for yourself and other members.
What will the role involve?
As a Student Leadership Board member, you will be taking a more influential role before and at the event. Your core responsibilities will be:
- Attendance at two meetings in the weeks commencing 7th February and 21st February, as well as an event briefing on 7th March (final dates and times TBC)
- Support with spreading the word about International Women's Day at your university, societies and on social media
- Submission of a 20-second video on why you're looking forward to attending International Women's Day and what you aim to get from the event (this will be shared on Bright Network's social media)
- Sharing your thoughts on the event content (e.g. panel topics)
- Sending in a short, 100-word, third-person biography and photo that will be shared to our Student Leadership Board webpage and with our partner firms
For those confident enough to do so, there may also be an opportunity to host a filmed, quick-fire Q&A with representatives from our partner firms.
On the day
- Help to encourage networking and guide productive conversations during the dedicated session
- Support with partner firm logistics and management
- Assist with attendee greetings
- Mic running during the panel session
Why should you apply?
- Take part in networking and partner firm liaison training during the preparatory meetings
- Receive the opportunity to enhance your CV with valuable skills – leadership, communication, marketing, networking and event planning
- Expand your professional and social networks
- Gain additional exposure to the Bright Network team and some of our top partner firms attending this year's International Women's Day event
- Get the chance to secure a LinkedIn skills endorsement from Bright Network
Who are we looking for?
We're looking for the International Women's Day Student Leadership Board to be made up of people who:
- Are motivated and enthusiastic about maximising the event's impact for employers and students
- Are confident to take on a leadership position during the event
- Have experience in or an interest in learning about what it takes to plan and execute events
- Are passionate about their own personal and career development by taking on an important leadership and advisory role
- Have the time to commit to three virtual meetings prior to the event during February and March
How to apply:
To apply to become a member of the International Women's Day Student Leadership Board, click the Apply Now button at the top of the page and complete the application form by Sunday 6th February. Spaces are very limited, so we recommend you apply as early as possible.
Frequently asked questions
If you have any questions about applying or our International Women's Day event in general, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.