Are you attending a Bright Network event this year or do you just have general questions about our events? Below we've gathered the most frequently asked questions we get from our members - all in one place!
For further information about expected behaviour at our events, please read our code of conduct here.
- What will I need to get into the event? If your place has been accepted at the event, we’ll email you a ticket a few days before the event. You’ll need to show this ticket to us on the day in either paper copy or download it electronically on your phone before the event.
- What should I bring? Bring a pen, notepad and a bottle of water and you’ll be set for an excellent day ahead.
- How should I prepare for the event? All firms will be receiving details of everyone who attends, so this is a real opportunity to be headhunted. This really will be your time to shine! Research the firms, make sure you prepare to network, get up to speed on the sector you are interested in, read up on commercial awareness and remember to ask any questions that might come up in your research. It will be a great early opportunity for you to get ahead in your career – whether you’re currently looking to secure an internship or a graduate role.
- What is the dress code for the event? The dress code for all of our events is business smart.
- How do I know which firms will be attending? In the leadup to the event, we will continuously be adding the partner firms that are joining us on the day. So make sure you keep an eye on the event page for the latest updates.
- Will lunch be provided during the event? For full day events, lunch will be provided. For half day events, snacks will be provided in the afternoon, so please ensure you eat something before you are joining us for the day.
- Is there a charge for the event? No, the event is completely free of charge for our members.
- Can I get travel reimbursement for the event I'm attending? As we are covering the cost for the whole event and providing students with the opportunity to meet top firms free-of-charge, Bright Network does not have the resources to be able to cover full travel expenditure. That being said, we really would like our students to be able to have the opportunity to attend our events and we want to help out where possible in cases where students have extenuating circumstances or could otherwise not afford to attend our events. To apply for travel reimbursement, contact email@example.com
- I can no longer make it. Who should I tell? Please email us to let us know if you can no longer attend ASAP so we can offer your place to someone else. Failure to inform us could result in becoming ineligible for future Bright Network events.
If you have any questions about Bright Network Events 2019, please get in touch with our Events Team - firstname.lastname@example.org.