Institute for Public Policy Research
Charity & Social Enterprise
About Institute for Public Policy Research
The Institute for Public Policy Research (IPPR) is a registered charity and the UK’s pre-eminent progressive think tank.
Our charitable purpose is to:
- Promote research into (and the publication of the useful results thereof) and the education of the public in the economic, social and political sciences and in science and technology, the voluntary sector and social enterprise, public services, and industry and commerce
- Advance the voluntary sector and the efficiency of public services which serve (or further) a charitable purpose
- Advance physical and mental health
- Relieve poverty, unemployment, or those in need by reason of youth, age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship, or other disadvantage
- Advance environmental protection or improvement and sustainable development
- Advance the arts, culture, heritage or science
- Advance such other exclusively charitable purposes as the Trustees in their absolute discretion determine.