Graduate Civil Engineer (Development Infrastructure) London 2024
Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we're delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We are the world's trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We're one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Development Infrastructure is the engineering and environmental solutions to development schemes. We are looking for graduates who are team players and open thinkers who want to contribute to the sustainable design of roads, drainage and utilities to enhance environments and support the places that we live and work and the infrastructure to help us on the journey.
Candidates will use industry leading computer 3D design software and modelling programmes while working on a variety of different infrastructure projects, in this role you will be :
- Working within a team to produce studies, assessments and/or conceptual designs for various development infrastructure elements including: drainage, roads, utilities and flooding
- Using computer software, undertake modelling, carry out detailed design calculations, prepare design drawings, specifications and information for infrastructure projects
- Responding to requests from developers for design information during construction works
- Attending site to undertake reconnaissance visits, or monitor construction activities
- Liaising with government departments, local authorities, water and utility companies, the Environment Agency and other public bodies and delivering the necessary approvals.
- BEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent)
- MEng in Civil Engineering 2:1 (or equivalent) would be an advantage
- Graduate Member of a professional institute
- An interest in road and drainage design
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, with ambition and drive
- Ability to structure & prioritise work effectively through close cooperation with the team
- Ability to work in a team and independently without losing initiative & focus
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.