Hydrology / Geography Graduate 2024
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses, and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Your work will cover a broad range of hydrogeological and water resources activities including groundwater resource evaluation and development, hydrogeological impact assessment of major infrastructure schemes such as mines and tunnels, and groundwater control and dewatering.
You’ll work with other experienced members of the team who will guide you as you start working on live projects, including groundwater assessments for a variety of projects in the UK and overseas.
At AECOM our multidisciplinary water environment team includes specialists in hydrogeology, hydrology, hydromorphology, water quality and water resource management. Together, we work for a wide range of clients and projects including water companies, onshore oil and gas companies, private companies such as bottled water suppliers, and quarry operators.
- Site work, including collection of groundwater and surface water data and supervision of borehole drilling and testing
- Collation, processing and analysis of data into existing and new databases
- Use of specialist groundwater software, including AquiferWin32
- Desk study evaluation of project hydrogeology and contributions to factual and assessment reports
- Preparation of graphical and GIS deliverables
- Contributing to continued innovation and business development
- Involvement with and support to the groundwater team and other disciplines such as hydrology, flood, geotechnics, contaminated land and ecology
- MSc or above in hydrogeology or similar
- First degree in either Geochemistry, applied geology degree ie engineering/environmental geology, Geophysics, Geography, Earth Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Bioscience must have a focus on Hydrogeology
- Ability to conceptualise hydrogeological issues
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential such as Word, Excel & Powerpoint
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.