DSP (Digital Signal Processing) Firmware Developer Engineer Graduate Programme 2021
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2019 it generated revenues of € 70.5 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world’s leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Our UK Graduate Programme provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the two year period we will offer a combination of both focused formal training, as well as on-the-job learning and the chance to build your professional network.
The programme includes core technical and behavioural training elements that will form an integral part of your learning and help you become familiar with the company and its culture. The training provided will help to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programme's conclusion.
This opportunity exists to join the firmware development team within the Space instruments group of the Earth Observation, Navigation and Science (ENS) business unit of Airbus Defence and Space Ltd. In Portsmouth we have a long heritage in development, build and test of space-borne radar and passive microwave sensors for Earth observation. Working within a trans-national organisation and with an emphasis on technology you will be involved in a variety of programmes from studies and R&D through to space-flight integration and test, in an innovative environment dealing with unique and challenging new instrument concepts.
Main activities of the role may include;
- State-of-the-art technology studies
- Review & preparation of hardware / software requirements
- Development & analysis of conceptual designs, including use of appropriate CAE tools
- Preparation of budgets for, e.g. resource usage, mass and power
- Prototyping laboratory work
- Participation in airborne trials
- Preparation of documents and presentations
- Participation in meetings with customers and suppliers
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
Electronics or related engineering degree with specific interest in digital signal processing (DSP) and FPGA development
- Passion for engineering design and innovation
- Keen interest in, and some understanding of the space industry and related Airbus activities
- Ability to take initiative and operate effectively, with minimal supervision
- A practical capability and positive mind-set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with office software applications and CAE tools
- Good interpersonal communications and team
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK National Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
This role will be based in Portsmouth and will receive the full Airbus Defence & Space Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.