Performance & Improvements Placement 2022
Airbus pioneers sustainable aerospace for a safe and united world. The Company constantly innovates to provide efficient and technologically-advanced solutions in aerospace, defence, and connected services. In commercial aircraft, Airbus offers modern and fuel-efficient airliners and associated services. Airbus is also a European leader in defence and security and one of the world's leading space businesses. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions and services worldwide.
Application closing date: We encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
To stay on top, Airbus recognises the importance of supporting high-achieving and talented undergraduates. We do this through offering challenging placement opportunities during which your skills and potential are fully maximised.
Our placements give a unique insight into potential career paths within Airbus. They are designed so that you can put your theoretical knowledge into practice and gain crucial industry experience. The skills and knowledge you gain will improve your chances of a future role within the Airbus and should benefit your future studies.
The Performance & Improvements team are responsible for driving improvements activities so that we can deliver spacecraft quicker, cheaper and of the highest quality. The team get involved in small process improvements to driving R&D/T projects.
What will you be doing?
During this placement, the activities you may undertake will include;
- Support with HO Performance & Improvements and Key product Owners to define and deliver a credible 12 month improvement plan for the site.
- Responsible for continually reviewing and reducing the “MAIT Cost Base” and “Ready for Bid Price” through improvement opportunities generated by MAIT and other business units. This is for all MAIT customers; Mechanical Platform (T-BD), Antennas, Mechanisms & ENS
- Implement and mature the Operational Excellence System (OES) within MAIT working closely with the central P&I team.
- Deliver Lean Improvement Projects on Quality, on Time and on Cost. (5S, Visual management, VSM, Flow Analysis, KPIs)
- Drive specific problem solving/improvement activities.
- Lead and support the streamlining of processes.
- Report the status of the Improvements Projects and controlling of cost and schedule.
- Responsible for standardisation of Lean MAIT Processes, documentation and working methods across Stevenage and/or Portsmouth.
- Responsible for the promotion of Lean education and awareness in Stevenage ensuring a standardised approach with other sites where possible
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit anapplication that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It … Count !
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Engineering Degree
- Understanding in Practical Problem Solving (PPS), running Kaizen workshops, implementing visual management in production and office environment.
- Experience in leading improvement projects
- Confident communicator
- Open minded, creative and proactive mind set
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
- £18,000 salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.