Single Aisle Wing Value Stream Management Broughton 2024
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Single Aisle Wing Value Stream Management team (VSM). The Broughton Single Aisle VSM has a responsibility for; managing business, industrial and E2E activities (focusing on Wing), Risk Sharing Partners, Suppliers and potential impacts to the Final Aircraft Assembly Lines in Toulouse, Hamburg, Mobile and Tianjin.
The successful candidate will be motivated and passionate, with an improvement mindset so as to improve the industrial resilience, performance and flow. Within the role, you will report directly to the Head of Industrial Planning and Performance Management. This team then forms part of the overall SA Wing VSM which includes teams for Bremen, Project Management (Industrial and AC Modifications), Procurement and Transfer of Work Management.
The primary focus will be on support to industrial and business performance activities, but will include involvement across all the areas of the SA value stream.
What you will be doing
As the successful candidate, your main activities will include:
- Support VSM projects ensuring time, cost and delivery targets are met using project management tools and techniques.
- Work closely with other functions building effective relationships and networks to support delivery of projects and VSM tasks.
- Working with other VSM project leaders and members of the team to ensure best practice is shared across the VSM.
- Lead and support projects that contribute to the key VSM objectives including; route to zero outstanding work, abnormality management, improvement projects.
- Development and use of KPI’s, project/issue reporting in order to provide a clear and concise status supporting key reviews.
- Work closely with internal and external suppliers when issues arise to ensure timely closure, robust root cause analysis and mitigation through lessons learnt.
Our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. Please inform your graduation date on your application. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Studying for a Degree in Engineering or Business Management;
- Interest in Aircraft production/Aircraft engineering;
- Understanding of Project management theory tools and techniques;
- Keen interest in digitalisation and proficiency with Google Suite and Microsoft Tools;
- Structured and analytical way of working with ability to break down complex problems/challenges into smaller pieces and speak with facts and figures is essential;
- Out of the box thinking, with a speak up mindset, being a catalyst for change and comfortable to challenge the status quo;
- Willingness to learn and ability to handle changes on a day-to-day basis working within a dynamic environment.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid missing out on this opportunity! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
Please ensure you include your CV and a cover letter for your application to be considered. Eligibility to gain UK SC Security Clearance OR You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.