Supply Chain & Logistics Placement Broughton 2024
Looking to explore an exciting career in supply chain & logistics where you can grow and develop as a young professional? Look no further.
We are looking for talents at the early stage of their career that are eager to learn, drive change and make an impact in their working environment. Within our supply chain & logistics department, you’ll gain real, on-the-job experience with an opportunity to shape the future of our operations.
As a global leader in aerospace, Airbus aims to make things fly. Airbus UK design, manufacture and manage the Supply Chain for Wings, Landing Gear and Fuel Systems on all Airbus Commercial Aircraft. Wing manufacture is performed at the world class Broughton Production facility design and supply chain management is based in Filton, Bristol. Components and parts are delivered from a supply chain spanning the globe. This supply chain is managed from the UK, and delivers into the Airbus Wing manufacturing plant in Broughton for onward delivery to Final Assembly Lines located in France, Germany, USA, Canada and China.
Within our supply chain UK department, we serve the Airbus Industrial System by simplifying & optimising the information & physical flows: Planning, Supply, Transport and Logistics. We execute ambitious, high-impact aerospace projects cross-function and cross-site in the UK.
What you will be doing
You will develop a unique understanding of our end to end supply chain through exposure to its full life cycle. You’ll be working cross-functionally from production planning to supply management to logistics & transport including the Beluga!
From day one, you will be given the opportunity to work on a wide portfolio of topics related to process improvement, digital transformation and synchronisation of our information flow. You could also work towards the decarbonisation of our supply chain by driving sustainable projects in collaboration with our suppliers. Our variety of projects have an impact on the full supply chain perimeter across the UK and also globally.
In addition to your work placements and studies, there are opportunities to join a wide variety of employee networks including a dedicated Early Careers network, Generation Airbus, Pride@Airbus, Balance for Business and embrace to cite only a few, to help you develop both your professional and personal skills along the way.
- Supplier management: Take responsibility for a work package, regularly liaise with the supplier to ensure that delivery dates are adhered to, and that any issues are fed back to the operations teams. In the case of any issues with the suppliers, work closely with them, so that the recovery is monitored and on track. As well as managing day to day deliveries, you will also need to action non conformances in order to secure replacement parts as required.
- SAP Experience: Understand all relevant SAP transactions and processes as part of managing an ordering officer's workload. This includes Purchase Order creation, non conformance processing, stock management and exception messages.
- SCBP Understanding: Spend time with the Supply Chain Business Partners to appreciate the work they do to communicate topics to the business. Work to support as required on any topics that they identify.
- Supply Chain Familiarisation: Become familiar with the ordering management function, and how that slots into the wider remit of planning, supply chain & logistics. Understand how these teams interact and depend on each other in order to operate.
- Digitalisation & Continuous Improvement: Gain an understanding of all the digital tools used by the end to end supply chain e.g. Data Analytics, Process Mining, and Robotic Process Automation. As part of this, look to implement any improvement ideas or suggestions from yourself or the wider team, examples could include creation of KPIs, dashboards etc.
Please note our placements are open to Undergraduates only. Therefore it is mandatory for candidates to be an undergraduate for the whole duration of the placement. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Studying towards a degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics, or equivalent;
- Project management experience;
- Familiarity with Google workspace;
- Capacity to work under pressure and support projects with aggressive timelines;
- Self-starter and self-motivated with an Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Good analytical and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of IT tools will be considered an asset;
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
We encourage you to apply early to avoid missing out on this opportunity! Please note we will close adverts as soon as we receive sufficient applications.
Please ensure you include your CV and a cover letter for your application to be considered. Eligibility to gain UK SC Security Clearance OR You will be subject to a BPSS check (including a criminal record check).
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
Airbus is, and always has been, committed to equal opportunities for all. As such, we will never ask for any type of monetary exchange in the frame of a recruitment process. Any impersonation of Airbus to do so should be reported to email@example.com.
At Airbus, we support you to work, connect and collaborate more easily and flexibly. Wherever possible, we foster flexible working arrangements to stimulate innovative thinking.