Buyer Placement Leicester 2024
AMETEK is a worldwide leader in the design and manufacturing of advanced analytical, test and measurement instrumentation for the energy, aerospace, power, research, medical and industrial markets.
As a leading global provider of differentiated electronic instruments and electromechanical devices, AMETEK are proud to solve some of the world’s most complex challenges. Their strength comes from four key areas: Niche Market Focus, Growth Model, People and Culture, Performance.
- Annual sales of over $6 billion with approximately 50% of sales outside U.S.
- Distributed operating structure with ~18,500 colleagues in over 30 countries
- Diverse set of niche markets and applications served
- Core Values include Ethics and Integrity, Respect for the Individual, Diversity and Inclusion, Teamwork and Social Responsibility
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500
Established in 1886, Taylor Hobson is the world leader in surface and form metrology and developed the first Roundness and Surface Finish measuring instruments.
We provide contact and non-contact measurement solutions for the most demanding applications on a global basis, with a worldwide infrastructure to support our clients; we are a truly global ultra-precision metrology company.
We are pioneers, continually developing our products to meet the ever-increasing demands of next generation technologies, particularly in Optics, Bearings, Space, Defence, Aerospace, Automotive, Medical and Renewable Energy technologies.
Taylor Hobson's world leading brands include: Talyrond®, Form Talysurf® PGI, Form Talysurf® i-Series, Surtronic®, LUPHOScan, Formalysurf® PGI Optics, Talyvel®, Autocollimators, Micro-Alignment Telescope and AMECare.
Taylor Hobson is part of the Ultra Precision Technologies Division of AMETEK, Inc. which is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5.5 billion.
- Support for Scheduling & Management of Demands (Internal & External to the Business)
- Place Purchase Orders in a timely manner to support those Business Requirements whilst ensuring the Cost / Quality / Service expectations of the Business are met.
- Undertake Expediting Activities in order to ensure the On Time Delivery of those Goods / Services placed
- Drive Data Accuracy & Integrity within the Planning & Procurement Aspect of the Role
- Identify & Support areas for Process & Continuous Improvement.
- Support Planning & Procurement in Day-to-Day Activities & Projects as needed.
- Engage with the Supply Chain & Planning Team to support Production Output
- Support of the Procurement Team to ensure deliverables against key projects
- Assist with the sourcing and transition of demands from High Cost Regions to Lower Cost Regions where appropriate
Requirements for consideration
- Strong Communication Skills (Verbal & Written)
- An understanding of System (ERP/MRP)s, Processes & Planning
- Ability to use Excel effectively & MRP Systems
- An understanding of Cause & Effect in respect to Planning & Scheduling
- A recognised & relevant Business Qualification (or studying towards)
- Motivated with a drive for improvement / change
- Team Player
- Honest & Transparent
What we offer you
- Taylor Hobson offers a fun, relaxed, supportive working environment along with:
- 1 pm Friday finish
- Competitive salary and 28 days holiday including Easter & Christmas
- Perkbox – Corporate discounts, GP service & 24-hour Employee Assistance Program
- Active sports and social club including annual Christmas party and social events
- Continuous training provided using world class manufacturing tools and equipment
- Mentoring and guidance for accreditation
- Free onsite parking and easy access to the city centre