Commercial Quantity Surveyor Graduate
25164414001, Commercial Quantity Surveyor Graduate EC2:2
Your new role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Quantity Surveyor Graduate to join our Amey Defence account and Amey Justice.
Starting Salary: £28,500 per annum
Location: We have 3 positions available across the below locations:
1 x RAF Wyton (St Ives, Cambridge)
1 x either Donnington, Telford, Catterick or Preston.
1 x either Birmingham, Leeds, Preston or Chorley
Start Date: September 2024
Whether you’re looking to grow your skills through a graduate programme, apprenticeship, or placement, we embrace difference and believe everyone deserves the chance to fulfil their potential. Develop, get training, earn a salary, and make an impact whilst doing work that matters. Join us on one of our early career’s programmes, and you can be part of the teams working on complex projects that are making a difference. Want to build an extraordinary career? Take a look below.
We’re looking for a Commercial graduate to join our Complex Facilities business. We are the leading specialists in Facilities and Estate Management. looking after thousands of assets on behalf of our clients, in secure environments, such as Education, Law Courts and Higher Education Colleges. We transform the way our clients live, work and travel, helping them optimise their assets through data analytics and intelligent management, to maximise performance, minimise cost and manage risk.
Our Commercial Graduate programme offers a fantastic opportunity for you to take those initial steps in your career and provide you with exposure to a variety of projects and client accounts.
You will be responsible for:
· Working with Commercial team to assist in the following activities:
· Deliver Change Management in accordance with the Contract ensuring timescales are met by all relevant stakeholders.
· Assist in the tender management and administration of Billable Works
· Review and agreement of minor contract variations for project works, and Billable Works using NHF or 3 quotes.
· Management and resolution of queries submitted by Supply Chain regarding pricing.
· Help guide the business target areas of improvement by data gathering, reporting and record keeping.
· Maintain commercial control to enable planned milestone payments are achieved.
· Analysis of trends using the NHF schedule of rates, work types, patterns or trends to highlight areas of risk or opportunity.
· Manage supplier payments in line with contractual and company policy.
· Attend meetings, provide reports and liaise with all stakeholders on commercial matters.
· Draft contract instructions/ Early Warning Notices/ Minutes/ Notices/letters
· Process of valuation and Payment Notices, Purchase Orders, basic financial reporting methods and cost capture
· Assist Commercial & Risk Manager in monitoring and presenting monthly cost reports as required to high level of accuracy.
We want to hear from you if you have:
· Minimum 2:2 Degree in a related discipline such as Construction Management or Quantity Surveying.
· Available to join the programme in September 2024
· A full, clean UK driving licence is essential.
· Flexibility and willingness to rotate around other offices in the UK.
· Wish to develop your skills both professional and personally with the drive to complete professional qualification with the RICS
· Strong analytical, mathematical, and problem-solving skills
· Effective interpersonal and team working capability, combined with excellent communication, written and presentation skills.
· Self-motivated with the ability to plan and manage your own time and activities
What we offer you
Join us on OUR Graduate programme and we will invest in you to become the best version of yourself.
· Career Development – we will provide you with a clear career path by tailoring a program that’s unique to you.
· Support Network – you will be partnered with a dedicated buddy and mentor, as well as community of peers who share your level, building a strong network that will support you forward every step of the way.
· Pension – generous pension scheme which we will contribute to
· Holidays - minimum 24 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy additional days.
· Choices - our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership.
· Save with Amey - our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers.
· Social Value - You’ll get 2 Social Impact Days each year to contribute to your favourite causes, and where eligible, participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
Who is Amey?
We are a leading provider of full life-cycle engineering, operations, and decarbonisation solutions, for transport infrastructure and complex facilities.
Our purpose is to deliver sustainable infrastructure solutions that enhance life and protect our shared future.
We combine exceptional expertise in Consulting & Design, Advisory & Analytics, Transport Infrastructure and Complex Facilities to design, manage, and maintain clients’ assets throughout their lifetime.
Our leading data and analytics capability enable us to create transformative solutions that strengthen resilience and drive sustainable improvements.
We embrace difference and support individuals to work in ways that work best for them.
We are committed to working sustainably and by working in partnership with the communities we serve, so people and the planet are protected.
To find out more take a look at our website Early careers | Amey
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com to discuss any access needs, reasonable adjustments or additional support that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the closing date should we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.