Graduate Engineer (Rail Design) 2024
Shape tomorrow’s world with Amey.
Amey Consulting is one of the UK’s leading engineering consultancies, inspiring change and driving improvements across the UK's critical infrastructure to create a positive impact on society. Our ambition is to leave a legacy of sustainable infrastructure for future generations.
The team and role
We are looking for applicants from those studying Civil, Structural or Geotechnical Engineering to join our teams.
The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of over 550 employees, working across our 12 Rail design offices throughout the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards.
As a Graduate Engineer at Amey Consulting, you’ll see your work from early design to the very result, and every project will be different from the last. You’ll feel inspired to challenge yourself, as well as your colleagues. You’ll collaborate and engage with colleagues through a combination of home and office-based working, delivering projects throughout England and Wales, including the £2.9bn Transpennine Route and Electrification Upgrade (TRU) and the multi-billion-pound Wales and Borders Franchise Contract.
From day one you’ll be given real responsibility, gaining invaluable experience and exposure working alongside our industry experts and across your team. As a Graduate, you will working alongside the team to deliver the following:
- Actively contribute to site surveys.
- Undertake design and assessment work
- Undertake designs to a level that complies with Network Rail, British and European Standards.
- Prepare design and assessment reports.
- Produce design drawings using CAD.
- Support the design team during design submissions.
The Graduate Programme
Throughout the 2-year programme, you will receive structured learning to enable your professional and personal development. You’ll get hands-on experience while collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. Yes, you’ll learn from them, but they expect to learn from you too.
You’ll be given a ‘buddy’ and a mentor to assist you as you settle into your new role, helping answer any questions you may have, and support you in developing the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed.
Our Graduate Programme is so rewarding - whether that’s through your professional development, your growth as an individual or seeing your input really make a difference.
Don’t just take our word for it, Sean Griffin, one of our current Graduates has this to say:
“Over the past year as a graduate, it has been both a challenging and rewarding journey. I am looking forward to my future with Amey as my skills and knowledge develop throughout my career”.
On successful completion of this programme, you’ll progress to an Assistant Engineer position within Amey Consulting.
What we need from you
- Minimum 2:1 in a relevant degree subject - Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enjoy working in a team environment, sharing ideas, and collaborating with colleagues.
- Confidence to work under pressure with the ability to prioritise and plan effectively
What we offer you
Join us on Graduate programme and we will invest in you to become the best version of yourself.
- Career Development – we will provide you with a clear career path by tailoring a program that’s unique to you.
- Support Network – you will be partnered with a dedicated buddy and mentor, as well as community of peers who share your level, building a strong network that will support you forward every step of the way.
- Pension – generous pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays - minimum 24 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy additional days
- Social Value – you will get two Social Impact Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives. Also, where eligible, participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award
- Choices - our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership.
- Save with Amey - our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers.
- Mental Health Support - we offer a wide range of support including a 24/7 helpline, access to the app 'My Healthy Advantage Plus’s and a network of wellbeing ambassadors.
Who is Amey?
We are a leading provider of full life-cycle engineering, operations, and decarbonisation solutions, for transport infrastructure and complex facilities.
Our purpose is to deliver sustainable infrastructure solutions that enhance life and protect our shared future.
We combine exceptional expertise in Consulting & Design, Advisory & Analytics, Transport Infrastructure and Complex Facilities to design, manage, and maintain clients’ assets throughout their lifetime.
Our leading data and analytics capability enable us to create transformative solutions that strengthen resilience and drive sustainable improvements.
We embrace difference and support individuals to work in ways that work best for them.
We are committed to working sustainably and by working in partnership with the communities we serve, so people and the planet are protected.
Amey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview, if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Please contact our recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any access needs, reasonable adjustments or additional application support that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.
Apply today – We are excited to hear from you!
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the closing date should we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Want to find out more
We are running virtual information sessions throughout September for you ask our current graduates and early careers team any questions that you may have about the graduate programme, Amey's culture, or the projects we are involved in.
Please email email@example.com to register along with the role you are interested in.
- September 2024