Marketing Undergraduate Placement Trowbridge 2024
apetito is the UK’s leading food supplier to the health and social care sectors serving more than 600 care homes, 500 hospitals, as well as 200 education settings. Our meals are expertly crafted by our dieticians and chefs, and then frozen to lock in the goodness. For over 25 years our sister company Wiltshire Farm Foods has been cooking and delivering 330 different delicious frozen ready meals to our customer's homes.
The primary focus for this role is to support the apetito Corporate Marketing Team across all areas of marketing activity. No two days will be the same and you’ll get to try your hand at a wide range of Marketing activities; from analysing customers’ behaviour; developing and delivering online and offline marketing campaigns; organising, managing and attending internal and national external events; to liaising with agencies and/or internal stakeholders regarding creative design, social media, SEO, PR or advertising. This placement will help you develop your marketing skills and provide you with a strong foundation for your future in marketing.
Who we are looking for?
You will be studying towards a degree in Marketing/Business (or similar) and in your 2nd year or later of your degree with the expectation that you will receive a 2:1 or above. This is a 12 month placement from summer 2024 to summer 2025.
- Experience in project management
- An interest in B2B/corporate marketing
- An interest in FMCG and/or food
- Adobe Creative Cloud experience
- Driving licence
Essential personal qualities
- Proactive, self-motivated and able to own and manage workload
- An objective and logical mindset
- A proven self-starter who shows initiative in overcoming challenges
- Excellent analysis, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Able to demonstrate a structured approach to work as well as being able to work well in team environment and deal with people professionally at all levels
- Is an effective communicator both face-to-face and digitally
- Shows passion, enthusiasm, ambition and drive
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects working to strict deadlines
- Willing to go the extra mile to ‘make a real difference’ for our business and our customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Willingness to travel to various prospects/customers around the UK and participate in internal and external insight gathering, events and exhibitions.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the role we require someone with talent for creativity and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively. To be successful in this position you will have good organisational and communication skills, be competent on core Microsoft packages – Outlook, Word and Excel and have excellent attention to detail – we are looking for a dedicated completer-finisher who is thorough, organised and a great communicator.
The apetito Marketing team drives a wide sweep of responsibilities so we are looking for a self-starter who shows initiative and proactivity. The majority of the role is spent in the Trowbridge-based office supporting the wider Marketing team, with some flexibility to work from home.
As a family-owned business established in 1958, we take great pride in being a company that makes a real difference and is dedicated to creating outstanding meals to be proud of.
We develop a range of products designed to enhance health and well-being for all our customers. We are driven by a passion for service, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people and offering healthy and delicious meals to our customers.
We proudly support British food and farming, focusing on using the best ethical and sustainable produce. This is in alignment with our goal to reach Net Zero by 2040.
At apetito, we also value inclusivity and diversity as it empowers people from different backgrounds to contribute innovative ideas. Our mission is to build an inclusive workplace where everyone reaches their full potential.
How our interview process works
- Shortlisted applications will be required to complete 2 tests for verbal & numerical reasoning
- If tests are successful, you will attend a video/in person initial competency based interview.
- Candidates will be briefed to complete a task to help demonstrate your creativity and suitability for this role which they will present at a final interview (face-to-face) at our Trowbridge office with Head of Marketing and 1-2 other members of staff.
Benefits at apetito
- Competitive salary – accredited Living Wage employer
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme - matching up to 4%
- Life assurance up to 2x Salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- Free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas
- apetito perks scheme