PMU RTL/Digital Design Engineer Swindon 2023
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that revolutionizes entire industries. We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and rewarding opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day! Apple’s PMU Hardware Tech team are responsible for delivering the power in a highly configurable and controlled way to the high end Apple SoCs, which power everything from Apple Watch, AirPods, and Apple TV to iPhone, iPad, Mac and Vision Pro. We have unique and exciting career opportunities for graduate and junior engineers interested in applying, and developing their knowledge designing Apple’s cutting-edge power management chips.
We are looking for a recent Graduate or Junior Digital Design Engineer, with the talent, ambition and passion, to innovate the way we design our next generation of power management silicon, to provide industry leading power efficiency, achieve customer expectations of device performance, battery efficiency, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. You will be part of a highly experienced team, delivering PMU silicon directly into next generation Apple products, working alongside our design verification, SoC platform architecture, and physical design teams, across multiple continents and time zones.
- Understanding of how to code RTL using Verilog or System Verilog
- Basic understanding of digital design methodologies
- Understanding of digital logic circuits
- Experience with digital logic simulation
- Ability to write basic assembly level and higher level code
- Experience working with Linux/Unix/scripting
- Understanding of finite state machines
- Understanding of common bus architectures is preferred
- Experience of FPGAs is desirable but not required
- Understanding of Analog or mixed signal circuits is desirable but not required
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
- Strong communications skills, self-motivated and well-organised
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Fluency in English is required
- You will work within the Digital Design Team, creating requirements and specifications, collaborating with analog design, digital/mixed signal verification and architecture.
- You take care of design implementation/debug and also have the opportunity for block IP responsibility.
- You will implement designs, ensuring alignment with analog control and performance expectations, balancing energy efficiency, performance and area constraints with project schedule, maintainability and coding guidelines.- You will use the Apple design flows, augmenting with custom scripting as required, understand/update assembly and higher level code.
- As your design approaches functional completion, you collaborate with the verification team, to ensure the design behaves as intended. Once the chip is integrated into the system, you may be simulating and debugging issues with the wider development and validation teams.
BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD in Electronic Engineering or equivalent field required
- Some international travel required
Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.