PMU Software Engineering Internship Swindon 2024
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they create the kind of wonder that revolutionizes entire industries. We invite you to join our dynamic group, for the unique and rewarding opportunity to contribute to upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day!
Apple’s PMU Hardware Tech team are responsible for delivering the power in a highly configurable and controlled way to the high end Apple SoCs, which power everything from Apple Watch and Apple TV to iPhone, iPad and Mac.
We’re looking for dedicated students to help innovate the way we develop power management devices. Interns that thrive at and love low level / real time embedded software and are familiar with ARM Cortex architecture and simulation, bare metal hardware programming, FPGA usage or embedded tool development are a perfect fit for our team!
As an intern of the PMU Software Team, you will assist with delivering high quality software environments that facilitate the development and validation of power management devices in order to meet performance, feature, timing and power goals. We will provide you with the mentorship and the opportunity to collaborate with expert Software, Hardware and Silicon Validation Engineers, as well as work alongside other development teams that are responsible for the IP within our PMU products.
- Availability for 6 months or more
- Coursework focusing on embedded software architecture and programming
- Strong programming skills and knowledge of ARM ASM, C & Python
- Good knowledge of ARM computer architecture and compiler experience
- Working knowledge of bare metal embedded software development & debug environments, and experience with simulation / emulation techniques
- Excellent communications skills, self-motivated and well-organised
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules
With guidance, you will work within the PMU Software Team to design, develop and debug new features for our pre-silicon software development environment. You will collaborate with digital design, verification, and the software team to investigate future project’s bare metal development environment and “hardware in the loop” validation options, implementing proof of concept solutions and presenting results and recommendations. Potential tasks for this role are:
- Creating a hybrid development environment with FPGA and Python simulation models with Pre-Silicon performance analysis for next generation PMU
- Supporting PMU Digital, Silicon Validation & Software teams during design bring-up
- Participating in the design & implementation of HW based verification tools & APIs
- Creating application-level tools to exercise new PMU features or drive design changes that add exciting new features to low-level ARM based PMU
- Currently enrolled in your penultimate year of studies in a CE, EE, CS or related field (Bachelor's, Master's or PhD).
- This position is a full time internship and availability of 6 months or more is preferred.