Graduate Bridge & Civil Structures Engineer 2024
A career in any of our UK Bridges/Civils Structures teams provides an exciting and rewarding environment in which to work and develop. We are a truly diverse team, collaborating on and delivering a vast range of projects, of all scales, throughout the UK and across the globe. Our work covers the full range of civil engineering structures and bridges and we are a driving force behind the concept and delivery of major infrastructure projects. Our projects transform and greatly improve daily lives, from new build designs which complement their environments through to the strengthening of existing assets to sustainably extend their life.
As the industry rapidly transforms through the use of digital technology, we aim to be the leading digital consultancy in the built environment. In Bridges and Civil Structures, this entails us being at the cutting edge in the use of technology such as 3D solid modelling, automation tools, coding, databases and data analytics. As such, we are looking for candidates with an aptitude and interest in developing in these areas alongside the more traditional technical and engineering skills.
From day one, you will be part of a friendly and supportive team, delivering projects to improve the infrastructure used every day – whether it is for transport, energy or water schemes. The work will be varied, both technically and in terms of project size and location.
You will join the ICE and/or IStructE training scheme and work towards becoming chartered, with mentorship and support from Arup.
Is this role right for you?
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
If you can combine these skills with an understanding of and willingness to learn about the Bridge and Civil Structures sectors, and you have a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- A Master's degree in Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering, from an ICE or IStructE accredited course
- Strong numerical skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage
- Enthusiasm for a career in Bridges and civils structures, underpinned by a knowledge and understanding of our sector and work
- Demonstrable understanding of general bridge and structural behaviour and an ability to use this understanding to develop practical solutions to meet Client needs
- Drive for technical excellence and an analytical thought process
- Creativity and a desire to think beyond the norm
- Aptitude to work on your own initiative, be proactive and take responsibility.
From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and guided towards gaining professional accreditation and more.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll support you as you develop, progress and broaden your understanding.
We're looking for people who are curious and ready to evolve how they think and work. Our strength comes from how we respect, share and connect our diverse experiences, perspectives and ideas. At Arup, you belong to an extraordinary collective – in which we encourage individuality to thrive. If you can share your knowledge and ideas and encourage others to do the same, whilst having a desire to deliver excellent services for clients – we'd like to hear from you.
You should be able to start this opportunity in September 2024.