Software Development Engineer Newbury 2023
Innovyze, an Autodesk Company is the global leader in building innovative, industry-leading software for the water industry for over 35 years. Innovyze serves thousands of clients including the largest utilities, ENR design firms, consultancies and refining plants around the world.
You will be part of a Research & Development Team developing first class software products to support the worldwide success of Innovyze. We are looking for a software developer for engineering, mathematical and technical applications. You will be focused on desktop application development. You will report to the Engineering Manager and be supported by other team members and encouraged to develop new skills in a friendly, but highly productive, environment.
Our products run in the .NET environment and support environmental and engineering industries and include water management and drainage design software. Our users range from civil engineers to landscape architects: you will need to demonstrate the ability to understand the technical nature of their work.
At Autodesk we work in a Hybrid working model.
Your responsibilities will depend on your level of experience but will include:
- Programming: to develop new functions, implement feature requests and fix bugs.
- Software design and specification, in collaboration with product managers.
- Software testing and deployment of new products or features.
- Writing software documentation.
- Computing, Mathematics, Science or Engineering degree or a related discipline.
- Object oriented software development.
- C# or VB.NET or C++.
- 1+ years commercial experience
- Windows UI design using .NET.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices including unit testing and industry standard design patterns.
- Use of source control systems (such as Team Foundation Server or GIT).
- Strong mathematical/engineering/physics background
Nice to have requirements
- Knowledge of Agile Development Methods.
- Exposure to GIS, and/or use of geospatial data.
- Exposure to CAD.
- Graphics technologies including OpenGL, DirectX.
- Development of mathematical modelling software.
- Exposure to AWS
- Development of applications for the water industry, environmental industries or site design.
- Positive, flexible team-oriented approach
Welcome to Autodesk! Amazing things are created every day with our software – from the greenest buildings and cleanest cars to the smartest factories and biggest hit movies. We help innovators turn their ideas into reality, transforming not only how things are made, but what can be made.
We take great pride in our culture here at Autodesk – our Culture Code is at the core of everything we do. Our values and ways of working help our people thrive and realize their potential, which leads to even better outcomes for our customers.
When you’re an Autodesker, you can be your whole, authentic self and do meaningful work that helps build a better future for all. Ready to shape the world and your future? Join us!
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive compensation package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location. In addition to base salaries, we also have a significant emphasis on discretionary annual cash bonuses, commissions for sales roles, stock or long-term incentive cash grants, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversity & Belonging
We take pride in cultivating a culture of belonging and an equitable workplace where everyone can thrive.