Software Engineer Summer Internship Birmingham 2024
Autodesk provides engineers with the software they need to imagine, design, and make anything, across every industry you can think of. If you feel excited by the opportunity to wake up every morning, knowing that what you do has a direct impact on shaping our world, then come and join us at Autodesk!
We are looking for undergraduates that have the talent and ambition to become accomplished software engineers. During your placement with us we will ensure that you are challenged and given every opportunity to grow your knowledge and experience with the support of an experienced Autodesk developer.
Summer Interns will get the opportunity to work in an Agile Scrum team, made up of 5-8 experienced software engineers, as part of a larger software development team working on Fusion 360 and reporting to our Engineering Director. While one-year Placements will rotate through four teams in total. The software we develop is both challenging and rewarding - from writing toolpath algorithms in C++ to developing web components in TypeScript - so we will ensure you get the training and support to help you grow and develop your skills during your time with us.
We offer paid leave, flexible working, private medical cover, plus a new starter stipend. We also encourage our staff to get to know each other, in and out of the office, with subsidised social activities.
- Work on real commercial development projects mentored by experienced Autodesk developers
- Gain experience of working on large team-based software development
- Learn how to write robust commercial software
- Gain knowledge of the commercial development processes used at Autodesk
- Engage with Agile and Scrum working practices.
- Use source control and Continuous Integration platforms such as GitHub and Jenkins
- Minimum 120 UCAS points and predicted 1st or 2:1 degree
What are we looking for
- Bright Computer Science, Maths, Physics, and Engineering students for both our eleven-week summer internships and our one-year placements starting summer 2024
- Programming experience at some level, ideally using a C-style language (eg. C, C++, Java, C#), is desirable
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Autodesk has always valued flexibility in how we work. We continue to provide employees flexibility to support their work preferences wherever possible and nearly all roles are hybrid or remote, unless otherwise indicated.
Are you an existing contractor or consultant with Autodesk? Please search for open jobs and apply internally (not on this external site). If you have any questions or require support, contact Autodesk Careers.
Salary is one part of Autodesk’s competitive package. Offers are based on the candidate’s experience and geographic location.